We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If you were trying to run Windows Update or activate Windows Firewall or download from the Windows Store but encounter the Windows Update Error 0x80070422 instead, read on as this post will show you how you can resolve the problem.
This kind of Windows Update error occurs when the Windows Update or WUAUSERVE is not started or when the Background Intelligent Transfer Service or BITS can’t be started. It could be that they are disabled or because they have no enabled devices associated with them. Whichever the case is, you can check out the options given below to fix the Windows Update Error 0x80070422 and make sure that you create a System Restore point first before you start.
Option 1 – Check the status of some Windows Update Services
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter or click OK to open Services.
- From the list of Services, look for the following services and make sure that their Startup type is as follows:
- Windows Update – Manual (Triggered)
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service – Manual
- After that, check if the Service status of the listed services above are set to Running. If they’re not, click on the Start button to start these services and then check if you can now enable the Windows Update service or not.
Option 2 – Try to disable IPv6 in the Network Center
You might also want to disable IPv6 in the Network Center in order to fix the Windows Update Error 0x80070422. How? Follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + X key combination on your keyboard and click on Network Connections.
- This will open the Network Connections section under the Setting app. From there, click on the Network and Sharing Center link located at the right side of the panel which will open a Win32 version of the Windows settings known as Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on the network your computer is connected to.
- A mini window will appear and in that window click on Properties which will open another mini window which will provide a list.
- From this list, uncheck the option that says, “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”.
- Now click on OK and close all the other windows and see if it fixes the Windows Update error.
Option 3– Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
If disabling IPv6 didn’t work, you could also try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter as it could also help in fixing any issues related to Windows Update including the Windows Update Error 0x80070422. To run it, go to Settings and then select Troubleshoot from the options. From there, click on Windows Update and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button. After that, follow the next on-screen instructions and you should be good to go.
Option 4 – Try running the DISM tool
You can also try to run the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management or DISM tool to fix the Windows Upgrade error. Using this built-in tool, you have various options such as the “/ScanHealth”, “/CheckHealth”, and “/RestoreHealth”.
- Open the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Then type in the following commands and make sure to hit Enter right after you type each one of them:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Do not close the window if the process takes a while as it will probably take a few minutes to finish.
Option 5 – Run Microsoft’s online troubleshooter
Running Microsoft’s online troubleshooter might also help you fix the Windows Update Error 0x80070422. This online troubleshooter is known to help in fixing Windows Update errors, it scans your computer for issues that might be causing the problem and then fixes them automatically.
Aside from Windows Update errors like Error 0x80070422, if your computer is going through other system-related issues, there is a one-click solution known as Advanced System Repair you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using ASR. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run ASR to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.