Fixing Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on Battery symbol in Windows 10
Seeing a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on the battery symbol on the System Tray of your Windows 10 laptop is not really uncommon especially if your battery is about to run out of power. However, if you just purchased your laptop recently and the first thing you’ve noticed when you first opened it is the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the battery, read on as this post will help you resolve this issue.
Seeing this kind of icon on your computer does not necessarily mean that you have to replace your battery as there are still several potential fixes you can try to resolve the problem. So if you notice this icon, you can try running the Power troubleshooter as it will help you resolve any potential issues with the battery. Aside from that, you can also restore the default settings of the power plan manually or uninstall and reinstall the battery driver. For more information, refer to the given options below.
Option 1 – Try to run the Power troubleshooter
As pointed out, the Power troubleshooter can help you resolve any issues your battery might have automatically. It plans and detects system settings that can affect power usages like timeout and sleep settings, display settings, and screensavers and restores them to their default settings. To run this troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Settings and go to the Update and Security option.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot option under Update and Security and then scroll down until you see the “Power” option.
- Under Power, click on the “Run the troubleshooter” button to start running the Power troubleshooter.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until the Power troubleshooter is done scanning your computer for issues. Once it’s done, follow the next on-screen instructions that appear on the screen.
- If needed, restart your computer and see if it has fixed the problem.
Option 2 – Restore the default settings of the Power plan manually
- Open the Windows Settings again and select System.
- Next, scroll down until you see the “Power & sleep” option.
- After that, click on the “Additional power settings” option located in the right pane to open the Power Options.
- Now click on the link that says, “Change Plan Settings” and select the “Restore default settings for this plan” option.
Option 3 – Try to uninstall or reinstall the Battery driver
You might also want to uninstall or reinstall the battery driver as it can also resolve the problem. But before you start, you have to shut down your computer and remove the power chord as well as the battery. Once you’re done, follow these steps:
- Plug the power chord and restart your computer.
- Once your computer has restarted, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run utility and type “devmgmt.msc” in the field and tap Enter to open the Device Manager.
- After that, look for the “Batteries” driver from the list of drivers and expand it.
- Then right-click on the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System” driver and click on the “Uninstall device” option.
- Once it’s done, restart shut down your computer and remove the power chord and then attach the battery.
- Now attach the power chord again and restart your computer to automatically install the driver.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on Battery symbol error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on Battery symbol error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.