What to do if the Mobile Hotspot does not show up or detected in a Windows 10 laptop
As you know, the Mobile Hotspot feature is used to share the internet connection with other devices using Wi-Fi signals. These Wi-Fi signals are later caught by other devices using their Wi-Fi and then the internet connection is shared once they are connected. However, recently, some users reported that their devices weren’t able to see the Wi-Fi network even if their Wi-Fi is on. This kind of problem could be caused by several factors but one of the main ones include the frequency at which the Wi-Fi network is being broadcasted. If you are one of the users who are currently facing this problem, read on as this post will guide you on what you can do if the Mobile Hotspot or Wi-Fi connection does not show up or is not detected on your Windows 10 device.
In most cases, there are only two frequencies at which a Wi-Fi network is broadcasted. They are broadcasted either at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The ones that are broadcasted at 5 GHz need specific hardware since it is a newer technology compared to the ones at 2.4 GHz. There are several other pieces of equipment as well as electrical appliances that operate at 2.4 GHz that includes microwaves as well which causes disruption in the signal strength of the Wi-Fi network.
Moreover, aside from signal interruption, this issue with the mobile hotspot might also have something to do with the network-related drivers in your computer. Thus, to fix the problem, here are some suggestions you should follow.
Option 1 – Try toggling the Network band or the frequency at which the Wi-Fi network is broadcasted
- First, open the Windows 10 Settings app and then navigate to Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
- From there, click on the Edit button located under the Network name, Network password and Network band.
- After that, set the Network band to be at 2.4 GHz and then click on the Save button.
- Once done, restart the Mobile hotspot in your Windows 10 device as well as the Wi-Fi connection of the device that’s trying to connect to the hotspot.
Option 2 – Try running the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
If the first option didn’t work, you might also want to run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter. You can use it to troubleshoot the problem with the Mobile hotspot, to run it, follow these steps:
- Open the Search bar on your computer and type in “troubleshoot” to open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, scroll down and select the “Network Adapter” option from the right pane.
- Then click on the Run Troubleshooter” button.
- After that, your computer will check for any possible errors and will pinpoint the root cause of the problem if possible.
Option 3 – Try updating the Network adapter driver
As mentioned, the problem could also be due to the network-related drivers. So it probably might be the reason why you’re the mobile hotspot did not appear or was not detected. That’s why it is recommended that you update the Network adapter driver and to do it, refer to these instructions:
Follow the steps below to update your Network Adapter Driver:
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “msc” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- From there, expand the list of all the network drives and update each one of them.
- Restart your PC and see if it helped in fixing the issue with the mobile hotspot.
Note: If updating the network drivers didn’t help in fixing the problem, you can also try to uninstall the very same drivers and restart your Windows 10 PC. After that, the system itself will reinstall the drivers you just uninstalled. Alternatively, you can also download and install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website directly.
Apart from the Mobile Hotspot problem in Windows 10. Moreover, if your computer has some system-related issues that has to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.