0x80042109 - What is it?0x80042109 is a Microsoft Outlook error. The 0x80042109 error code occurs mostly while sending emails. The error message is often displayed in the following format:
“Sending reported error (0×80042109): Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.”
- Corrupt emails and PST files
- Incorrect Outlook account settings
- Unavailability of the mail server
- Incomplete Outlook installation
- Spyware or viral infection
Further Information and Manual RepairTo resolve the 0x80042109 error code on your PC, here are some easy and effective DIY solutions you can try:
Method 1 - Check Mail SettingsCheck your mail settings to see if your outgoing server SMTP is selected or not. If it is not, then it could be the reason for the issue. To check mail settings and select the option, here’s what you need to do:
- Click Tools, select Account Settings, and then POP 3 account and click change.
- Now check your name field and email address.
- Check the incoming and outgoing mail server fields and make sure that it is correct.
- Now click on the outgoing server and make sure that the option ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication is selected.
- After that, click Advanced and tick the option that says ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Now click OK to confirm settings.