How to clear cache inside Windows 11
Cache files are temporary files that have been created by various applications and services when used. As temporary files, they are safe to be removed and deleted from the system since the application or service will create new ones when needed but sadly will not remove old ones, this task is left to OS itself.
Automatic Windows cleanups can mostly take care of these things but for top-notch performance clearing cache manually is a far better option. We will here explore various cache temporary files, where they are, and how to clean them. Sit back and let’s do some cleaning!
Clear cache using Disk Cleanup
- Open Start menu and search Disk Cleanup
- Click on it in search results
- Click on the drives drop-down menu and select the drive where is Windows 11 installed
- In the Files to Delete section enable all boxes and click on OK
- Click on delete Files to confirm
Clear Microsoft store cache
- Press ⊞ WINDOWS + R to open the run dialog
- Type in WSReset.exe and press ENTER
- Black blank windows will appear, wait for the window to close itself and you are done
Clearing location cache
- Press ⊞ WINDOWS + I to open location history
- Select Privacy & Security
- In the App Permissions section click on Location
- On-Location page click on Clear
Clear and flush DNS
- Press Start and search for Windows Terminal
- Click on Terminal in search results
- Type in: ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER
And that is that!
Congratulations, you have just cleared the cache in Windows 11 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you clear cache in Windows 11 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.