Malware may install itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozend of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (The entire process takes about 15 minutes)
Fixing Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed Error in Windows 10
There are times when you may find it hard to kill a particular process in the Windows Task Manager and every time you try to do so, you will only get an error message saying, “Unable to terminate the process, The operation could not be completed, Access is denied”. If you are one of the users who is constantly getting this error, read on as this post will provide you with a couple of options you can try to resolve the problem.
Refer to the given instructions below if you are unable to terminate a process in the Task Manager but before you proceed you need to restart your PC and then try killing the process again, if you’re still not able to do it, you need to follow the options laid out below.
Option 1 – Try using Taskkill
- Open the Command Prompt as admin from the WinX Menu.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in the following command and tap Enter to execute it:
taskkill /IM “processname” /T /F
processname – it is the name of the process which you can see on the Details tab of the Windows Task Manager.
/IM – it is the one that specifies the image name of the process, which follows, that is to be terminated.
/T – it is the one that kills not just the main process but also the child process.
/F – it is the one that terminates the process forcefully.
Option 2 – Try using the WMIC
- Open Command Prompt as admin from the WinX Menu.
- From the Command Prompt window that opens, type in the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
wmic process where name=’processname.exe’ delete
Note: In the given command, you need to replace “processname.exe” with the name of the particular process you want to terminate which is found in the Details tab of the Windows Task Manager.
Option 3 – Try using PowerShell
- The first thing you have to do is open an elevated PowerShell prompt.
- From there, type in the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
kill -id pid
Note: In the given command above, “pid” is the Process ID number of the process you want to terminate. And for you to identify this number, you need to open the Details tab of the Windows Task Manager once again and take note of the number against the process you want to get rid of.
Alternatively, you can also run the following command in the PowerShell prompt that you’ve pulled up to get the process ID number:
For example, “5364” is the process ID number for the DimScreen.exe process which is the process you want to terminate. In order for you to kill this process, you need to type in this command:
kill -id 5364
And that’s about it. In addition to the above-mentioned solutions, you can also try a fix that involves a one-click solution known as Restoro. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit Enter.
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/restoro in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.