Fix System Image Backup error 0x807800A1 & 0x800423F3 in Windows 10
System image backup error 0x807800A1 & 0x800423F3 appears when you are trying to create a system image backup and the operation fails to do so.
If you’re faced with any of these error codes, try our recommended solutions in the order presented below and resolve the issue.
Check Volume Shadow Copy & Software Protection Services
To restart the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) on Windows 10, do the following:
- Press ⊞ Windows + X to bring up the Windows menu.
- Click on command prompt (admin)
- In the command prompt window, type the commands below and hit Enter after each line:
net stop vss
net start vss
Once the commands execute successfully, try the system image backup again. The operation should complete successfully.
You need to also check if the Software Protection Service is disabled. If it is, then Start it and ensure that it is set to default which is Automatic (Delayed Started).
Create System Image using PowerShell
Command lines are less prone to errors provided the syntax is correct, unlike GUIs that can suffer a glitch every now and then.
To create a system image with PowerShell do the following:
- Open the Windows PowerShell as administrator. To create a System Image in Windows 10 using PowerShell, you will have to run the Wbadmin command.
- Inside the Powershell window type, then press Enter: wbadmin start backup-backup target: E:-include: C:-quiet-allCritical
E: is the target drive where you’re going to save the system image, and C: is the system root drive where Windows is currently installed
- To extract the created system image, starting over from Windows 10 USB installation media, select advanced startup or open run and type: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Shutdown.exe / r / o
Use third-party imaging software
If the previous two solutions have not managed to solve the issue there is always an option to use a third-party imaging solution. There are free open source and buying options offering various advantages each. Find out which one works best for you and use it.
Congratulations, you have just Fixed 0x807800A1 & 0x800423F3 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix 0x807800A1 & 0x800423F3 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.