Repair Error Mscomctl.ocx
What is Mscomctl.ocx?
This is a Microsoft library Windows Common Controls file. The Mscomctl.ocx error occurs when this file is either lost or gets corrupt.
The error is displayed on the screen when the user tries to run a program that is dependent on this file. It appears as:
“Component ‘MSCOMCTL.OCX’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid”
Download Available to Completely Repair the Error Mscomctl.ocx
Recommended: Download the Automatic Repair Utility to correct this and other PC performance issues.
Certified safe, virus free download. Error Tools Editor’s Choice.
Installing and then uninstalling a large number of applications on the Windows operating system often corrupts or unregisters the Mscomctl.ocx library.
This message will continue to appear on the screen until you re-register the library file again on your system.
Further Information and Manual Repair
You don’t need to have a sound technical knowledge or call a professional to resolve Mscomctl.ocx error on your PC. The Mscomctl.ocx error is easy to repair and can be fixed in a couple of minutes.
Here are 2 solutions to repair the Mscomctl ocx error code on your system:
Cause: Error occurs because the Mscomctl ocx file is unregistered
- Go to the start menu and type ‘Mscomctl.oxc and press enter
- Copy the ‘Mscomctl.ocx’ file and paste it in “C:WindowsSystem32” folder
- Now click start menu again and type ‘CMD’ in the search box. This will open your computers command prompt.
- Once this opens, type either of the following commands and then press enter. If you have a 64 bit operating system, then type: Regsvr32 “C:WindowsSysWOW64MSCOMCTL.OCX” and if you have 32 bit operating system, then you should type ‘Regsvr32 “C:WindowsSystem32MSCOMCTL.OCX”
By doing this, you will be able to register the Mscomctl.ocx file on your PC and then you will no longer receive Mscomctl.ocx error code.
Cause: Error code occurs because the Mscomctl.ocx file is missing
- First search for MScomctl ocx on your local drive to see if it is missing.
- If the file is missing, then download the MScomctl.exe file from a reliable website.
- Now extract the file to your C:WINDOWSsystem32 directory
- Then click start and run.
- Now type ‘REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX’ and press enter
Please note to implement any of the two solutions stated above, you will need administrator rights. If you have the administrator rights then only can you make the above registry changes.
Therefore to make the following changes you will have to access the PC using the Administrator account.
Simply follow the instructions given above to repair this error code problem right away!
Video Guide to Repairing the Mscomctl.ocx Error
For further information you may be interested in these similar issues: