How to Resolve Regsvr32.exe Error Code
What is Regsvr32.exe Error?
Regsvr32 (Microsoft Register Server) is a command line utility in Microsoft Windows Operating System. This is used for registering and unregistering OLE controls such as ActiveX controls and DLLs in the Windows Registry.
This is executed as Regsvr32.exe. The file name extension .exe is the abbreviation for executable. It is installed in the %systemroot%\System32 folder in Windows XP and new Windows versions.
The Regsvr32.exe is an error that occurs when you attempt to run Regsvr32.exe to register a 32 bit DLL (Dynamic Link Library) on a 64 bit version of Windows.
The error message is displayed as the following:
- Filename.dll is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
- Unrecognized flag: /invalid_flag
- No DLL name specified
- Dll_Name is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
- The module “”%1″” failed to load.
Download Available to Completely Repair Regsvr32.exe Error Code
Recommended: Download the Automatic Repair Utility to correct this and other PC performance issues.
Certified safe, virus free download. Error Tools Editor’s Choice.
There are multiple causes for the Regsvr32.exe error code. These include:
- Invalid entry (command) path
- Active X control errors
- Missing or Damaged .dll files
- Viral infection (Trojans) (.exe can easily get infected by viruses)
- Registry issues
If you come across the Regsvr32.exe error code, it is advisable to repair it immediately before the damage sets in. Since this may occur due to viral infection, it can pose privacy and data security risks to your PC.
Further Information and Manual Repair
Here are solutions that you can implement to resolve the Regsvr32.exe error code on your system:
- If invalid entry point is the cause of the error, then simply open an elevated command prompt. If the 32 bit dll is in the %systemroot%\System32 folder, then move it to the %systemroot%\SysWoW64 folder. After that run the following command: %systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32 <full path of the DLL>. This will help resolve Regsvr32.exe error.
- If the cause of the error is viral infection, then you will need to run a powerful antivirus to detect and remove viruses from your system to resolve Regsvr32.exe error on your system.
- Nonetheless if the causes for Regsvr32.exe are either Active X controls or registry corruption, then you will need to scan your computer with different tools to resolve each issue separately.
This can be time consuming and too many program installations at one time can also slowdown your system’s performance. This means you’ll also have to compromise on your PC’s speed.
Repair Regsvr32.exe Error With Total System Care
To avoid all this hassle yet repair the Regsvr32.exe error, download Total System Care.
This is a multi functional and an innovative PC repair tool deployed with multiple utilities in one program including features like a registry cleaner, antivirus and an Active X controls error fixer. It also functions as a system optimizer.
It is a one stop solution for all your PC related errors including Regsvr32.dll error.
It is safe, efficient and user friendly. It is compatible on all Windows versions including Vista, XP, Windows 7 and 8.
The inbuilt powerful antivirus scans your entire PC, detects and removes all malicious software that could have generated the Regsvr32.exe error message. This includes malware, adware, spyware and viruses.
When the RAM overloads it leads to damaged dlls and registry corruption. The registry cleaner utility repairs the damaged dll files and the corrupt registry. It wipes out all the unnecessary files cluttering the RAM including the junk files, invalid registry entries and temporary files.
Total System Care also has an Active X controls scanning utility. This utility can be of great use if the Regsvr32.exe error is triggered by Active X control related issues.
Click here to download Total System Care and resolve Regsvr32.exe on your computer right away.