Malware may install itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozend of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (The entire process takes about 15 minutes)
How to Fix Device requires further installation Error in Windows 10
If you are trying to connect an external device to your computer but you suddenly encounter an error that says, “Device requires further installation”, then you’ve come to the right place as this post will guide you how exactly you can fix this error.
In most cases, USB sticks, headphones, speakers, and other external devices, install drivers automatically once you connect them to your computer which means that the drivers are downloaded and installed in the system as soon as the external device is plugged in. However, if the driver has become corrupted or outdated, you might encounter an error like the “Device requires further installation” error, when you connect your external device to your computer. Aside from corrupted or outdated drivers, the error could also be caused by pending updates, incorrect version of the Intel PROSet Wireless driver or checking the wrong event. Whatever the cause is, this post will provide you with some potential fixes that can help you resolve the problem. But before you troubleshoot the problem, ensure that your Windows 10 computer is updated to its latest version and you must also not forget to check that you’re checking the correct event on the Event Viewer. Once you have these things covered, proceed to the instructions below.
Option 1 – Try to update the device drivers to the latest version
One of the most likely root cause of the “Device requires further installation” error is either outdated or corrupted drivers in your computer. This kind of problem is more common on several devices like scanners and printers for which the drivers are provided with them.
- First, boot your computer into Safe Mode.
- After that, tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. From there, look for the any outdated device drivers and click on each one of them.
- After that, right click on each entry of the device drivers and select the “Uninstall Device” option from the menu.
- Now restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, go to the Settings app and Check for Updates in the Windows Update section.
Note: You also opt to download the latest versions of the device drivers directly from the website of the manufacturer. Once you’ve downloaded the, you can install them into your computer right away and then try connecting the external device again. On the other hand, you can also try to reinstall the device drivers.
Option 2 – Try to install the latest version of the Intel PROSet Wireless driver
A lot of users who experience the problem reported that their wireless driver wasn’t also working properly and it was then found that it was caused by the outdated Intel PROSet wireless driver. Thus, to fix the problem, you need to install the latest version of this driver from the intel.com website and install it in your computer. When you download the driver, make sure that your computer is running an Intel system and then download the correct driver depending whether your computer is 64-bit system or a 32-bit one.
Option 3 – Run Restoro
If the fixes given above didn’t work in fixing the “Device requires further installation” error, worry not, as there is still another option that could help you. This option is Restoro, also known as a “one-click” solution. What makes this program better than other system utility tools or antivirus programs is that aside from helping you free up disk usage and memory in your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing including problems with device drivers. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.