Fixing Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070015, The device is not ready in Windows 10
As of late, many users reported getting an error in Windows Sandbox that has an error code of 0x80070015. According to users, they encountered this error when they tried to start Windows Sandbox. Based on the error code, it seems that there are some problems with the supporting services of Windows Sandbox that triggers the error. It is possible that these services are misconfigured or that they are outdated and has to be updated. Here’s the complete message of the error:
“Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0x80070015. The device is not ready. Would you like to submit feedback about this issue?”
If you are one of the users who encountered this kind of error in Windows Sandbox, then you’ve come to the right place as this post will help you sort this problem out. All you have to do is follow each one of the options provided below.
Option 1 – Make sure that all the supporting processes and services of Windows Sandbox are running properly
If running Windows Sandbox as an administrator didn’t fix the error, you have to ensure that all related processes for Windows Sandbox are running properly. To do that, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run utility and type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Windows Services Manager.
- Next, from the list of services, look for the following services in the given order:
- Network Virtualization Service: (Startup type: Manual)
- Virtual Disk: (Startup type: Manual)
- Hyper – V Virtual Machine: (Startup type: Manual)
- Hyper – V Host Compute Service: (Startup type: Manual)
- Container Manager Services: (Startup type: Automatic)
- After you find the aforementioned services, restart each one of them.
- Once done, try to open the Windows Sandbox again and see if the error is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to install any pending Windows Updates
If the second option still didn’t work, then you might want to check Windows Updates in your computer and see if there are any pending Windows Updates you have to install. All you have to do is go to the Windows 10 Settings app and then go to the Windows Updates section and click on the “Check for updates” button to check if there are any pending updates that’s needed to be installed. This could fix the Windows Sandbox Error 0x80070015.
Option 3 – Try to run Windows Sandbox as an admin
- In the Start Menu, scroll down until you see the entry for the Windows Sandbox.
- Then right click on it and select More and then select the “Run as administrator” option to open it with admin privileges.
- Next, if a User Account Control or UAC prompt pops up, just click on Yes to proceed.
- You should now be able to open the Windows Sandbox without the error. However, if the error persists, proceed to the next given option below.
Option 4 – Run Restoro
If the suggestions provided above did not help you in fixing the “Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070015” error, worry not, as there is still another option that could help you. This option is Restoro, also known as a “one-click” solution. What makes Restoro better than other system utility tools or antivirus programs is that aside from helping you free up disk usage and memory in your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing, including Sandbox problems. Moreover, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, follow the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.