Repair Error 404
Error 404 – What is it?
Error 404 is a HTTP status code. You may come across the error code 404 while browsing online. The message indicates the web page you are trying to log on to couldn’t be found on the server. This error code is frequently customized by individual websites.
Most of the time it is displayed by:
- “404 Error”
- “404 Not Found”
- “Error 404”
- “404 File or Directory Not Found”
- “HTTP 404 Not Found”
- “The requested URL [URL] was not found on this server.”
- “HTTP 404”
- “404 Page Not Found”
- “Error 404 Not Found”
The error message 404 can occur in any browser including Fire Fox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It can also occur is any operating system. In addition to this, the error 404 may also occur during Windows updates.
Download Available to Completely Repair Error 404
Recommended: Download the Automatic Repair Utility to correct this and other PC performance issues.
Certified safe, virus free download. Error Tools Editor’s Choice.
Technically, the error 404 is a client side error that implies you couldn’t access the desired web page because either you typed the wrong URL or either the page has been removed from the website.
Other causes of this error code include:
- Junk files in the browser
- Junk registry entries
- Browser cache issues
- DNS server problems
Further Information and Manual Repair
If the error code does not occur due to web page removal from the owner of the website, then this means there is some other underlying issue from the error code 404. To avoid inconvenience and to access the website, it is advisable to resolve the error right away.
To help you resolve the error 404 on your PC, we have listed some of the best and easy DIY solutions. Try these methods to fix the issue on your system:
Press F5 to retry accessing the web page. F5 is the refresh/reload button. If the error is temporary this will resolve the issue immediately.
Check the URL – ‘The error 404 not found’ may also appear because the URL was typed wrong. Search for the page on the popular search engines. Insert the correct URL for the web page you want to access. This will most likely fix the error.
Clear your browser’s cache – For this, simply go to the history and clear up your browser’s cookies.
Change the DNS Servers – If the entire website you want to access is giving you error 404 and if the site is available to others on different servers then you might want to try changing your DNS server. 404 errors are not particularly common unless your ISP or government filters or censors websites.
Remove Junk files and Junk registry entries – Another way to resolve the error is to clean the registry. The underlying cause of the error could be accumulation of the junk, invalid and bad registry entries.
You can remove them manually, but that process will require technical expertise and will be quite time consuming.
Nonetheless, the easy and efficient way to clean up the registry is to download Total System Care. This is an advanced, highly functional and next generation Registry Cleaner.
Why Use Total System Care?
- It is deployed with a cutting edge and an intuitive algorithm that detects, scans and removes all the registry issues on your entire PC in seconds.
- This registry cleaner wipes out all bad entries and junk files saved on the disk immediately, fixes the damaged and corrupt files and restores the registry back to normal.
- Besides functioning as a registry cleaner, this software is also integrated with several other utilities such as an antivirus that removes all kinds of malicious software from your system, a system optimizer for optimum PC functioning and Active X controls and Class ID scanner.
- It is safe to download, user-friendly and efficient. This error tool is compatible with all Windows versions including Vista, XP, Windows 7 and 8.
To resolve error 404 on your PC, click here to download Total System Care today!