Malware may install itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozend of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (The entire process takes about 15 minutes)
Fixing “Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms” Error in Windows 10
Both the Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems have a number of common system files that vary from the ones that supports the installation, boot process, and other operations or tasks in the system. However, if any of these files gets corrupted, it might cause some errors during the setup of the Windows 10 operating system. One of these errors is the “Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms” error.
“Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation.”
The only option given when you encounter this error is to click on the OK button and nothing else and then the setup gets interrupted and won’t push through. To fix this error and proceed with the installation, you can try to get a new installation image, or switch ports, or fix the CFG file. For more details, follow each one of the potential fixes provided below.
Option 1 – Try to get a new installation image
It is possible that there might be some issues with the installation image. It could be corrupted or was modified illegally. Or it could be that the bootable storage device created might have damaged sectors or installation. To resolve this problem, you need to download a fresh copy of the Windows 10 installation image using the Windows Media Creation tool or simply use the ISO image separately and then build a bootable USB.
Option 2 – Try to switch Ports
The error might be caused by the connection to the USB port. It could be that the port is unstable due to a number of factors which resulted to the interruption of the installation process. To fix this problem, you can try switching the USB port or if you are using an optical drive, you can get an external USB optical drive or connect it to another port internally and see if it fixes the problem.
Option 3 – Try to fix the CFG file
If none of the first two options worked, then you might want to fix the CFG file. This file is a configuration file format used for storing settings. All you have to do is download the CFG file. Once you’ve downloaded this file, copy this file to the root of your bootable drive and then check if it fixes the error. If not, then try to copy the same file inside the “/sources/” folder inside the root of the drive. This should fix the error.
Aside from the “Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms” error, if you are experiencing some other system issues as of late on your Windows 10 computer, there is a one-click solution you could check out to resolve them. This program known as Restoro and is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.