Disabling Windows 10 startup delay
First time when your computer is turned ON and when Windows is booting it will wait 10 seconds before starting your startup applications. This 10 second is used to load all of Windows services so everything is running smoothly. If by any chance you do not want to wait for this startup delay and wish to start applications right away then keep on reading and follow this guide precisely.
This guide will require you to play ad tweak with the registry of Windows, it is always recommended to make a registry backup before attempting any tweaks. Also, it is imperative to follow the guide as it is presented step by step.
be aware that this guide will eliminate a 10-second delay for all of your starting applications, there is no way currently to remove delay for only one or a few.
- Press ⊞ WINDOWS + R to open the run dialog
- In run dialog type Regedit and press ENTER
- Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Serialize
- If the key does not exist, make a new one, Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\, right-click on the explorer and choose new > key. Name it Serialize
- Right-click on Serialize and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name the value StartupDelayInMSec
- Double click on StartupDelayInMSec and locate Value data
- Set the value to 0
- Save changes and Exit Registry editor
If you want to reverse changes and enable delay again, go back to the Registry Editor and delete the StartupDelayInMSec value.
Congratulations, you have just disabled the startup delay in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you disable the startup delay in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.