Turn off or on Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 remotely
In case you don’t know, new support has been added by Microsoft to Windows 10 that now allows users to turn off or on the Mobile Hotspot remotely. The Mobile Hotspot feature, known earlier as “Virtual Networks”, was first introduced with the initial release of Windows 10. With this new feature to remotely turn on or off the Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10, users can just use the Bluetooth on their mobile phones to turn off or on the Mobile Hotspot even when their Windows 10 computers are out of their reach.
To turn off or on the Mobile Hotspot feature in your Windows 10 computer remotely, there are two options you can try. First, you can do it using the Windows 10 settings app or using the Registry Editor. To get started, refer to the following options.
Option 1 – Turn off or on the Mobile Hotspot remotely via Windows 10 Settings app
- First, you need to open the Windows 10 Settings app and from there go to Network & Internet and then go to the Mobile Hotspot section.
- After that, scroll down to the “Turn on remotely” section.
- Once done, make sure that the toggle button is set to ON and that the Bluetooth of both devices is turned on and paired as well. This should enable the feature to turn on or off the mobile hotspot remotely.
Option 2 – Turn off or on the Mobile Hotspot remotely via Registry Editor
Before you get started with the second option, make sure that you create a System Restore point first. Once done, proceed to the following steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “Regedit” in the field and then hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry path: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWcmSvcTethering
- From there, look for the DWORD named “RemoteStartupDisabled” and set its Value data to be “0”. This will enable the feature that will allow you to remotely turn on or off the mobile hotspot in your Windows 10 computer. To disable it, just set its Value data to “1”.
Congratulations, you have just Turned off or on Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you Turn off or on Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.