How to map a network drive in Windows 11
Mapping network drive has many benefits in terms of speed and ease of access of files via network. It lets you access the hard drive over the whole network like it was the hard drive inside your PC case. In order to easily and quickly map a folder as a network drive follow the guide below.
- Open File Explorer
- Click on the three dots icon in the Toolbar
- Select Map Network Drive
- Click the Drive drop-down menu
- Select a driver letter that you wish to assign as a network drive
- In the folder field enter network device and share name (click on browse to see all devices on local network)
- Check the box beside Reconnect at sign-in if you wish to automatically connect to a network drive on Windows startup
- Check Connect Using Different Credentials if you wish to connect to a network drive using different credentials that one used to login into Windows.
- Click Finish
After finishing setting Windows 11 will try to connect to the network drive and if successful drive icon will appear inside File Explorer and the drive will open up to see its content.
If for any reason it cannot connect try checking user credentials, cables, network adapters, etc.
Congratulations, you have just mapped the hard drive in Windows 11 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you map the hard drive in Windows 11 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.