Repair Error Code 0xc004f050
Error Code 0xc004f050 – What is it?
Error code 0xc004f050 refers to a problem with activating Windows key. The problem appears when you try to activate a copy of Windows by using Windows Activation wizard. This happens when the system becomes unstable and critical system files start missing. Though Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 users, the activation error is still an issue. If you already had Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 activated and did an upgrade successfully, then there should be no problem. This Problem Occurs only when you do a clean install.
When you try to activate a copy of Windows Vista or Windows 7 by using the Windows Activation wizard, you receive an error similar to the one below:
An error has occurred
The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid
Download Available to Completely Repair 0xc004f050 Error Code
Recommended: Download the Automatic Repair Utility to correct this and other PC performance issues.
Certified safe, virus free download. Error Tools Editor’s Choice.
- This causes due to an invalid product key.
- This problem may occur if the license validity interval has expired, or if the license is not signed correctly.
- Error Code 0xc004f050 occurs when the system becomes unstable and critical system files start missing.
- Improper way of installing, deletion of some very important system files, misconfigured system files, etc. may also cause this error.
- When you do a clean install, it wipes everything from the Primary Drive and after the install, windows can’t find the Hardware ID which is used to verify your license.
- For Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista-based computers, this error may occur if you have entered the key for a beta version of the operating system, while using the released version of the operating system.
Further Information and Manual Repair
This error is not something that can be fixed in seconds, but will require some time and technical knowledge.
Re-insert the product key by using the Change Product Key tool:
- Click Start, click Computer, and then click System properties on the toolbar.
- In the Windows activation section, click Change product key.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password or click Continue.
- In the Product key box, type the product key, and then click Next.
- Follow the steps in the Windows Activation Wizard to complete the activation process.
Activate Windows by using the automated telephone system:
- Click Start, and then click Computer.
- Click System properties on the toolbar, and then click Click here to activate Windows now in the Windows activation
- If you are prompted for an administrative password, type it and click Continue.
- Click Show me other ways to Activate.
- Click Use the automated phone system and follow the instructions.
- Clean install Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 using the installation disk and activate your copy.
- Now, download all the updates to see the Windows 10 Upgrade notification or download Windows Media Creation Tool and use the option Upgrade this PC to get Windows 10 right away.
- Once the Upgrade is done, check the Activation Status. It will be fully activated as it should be. The Error code 0xc004f050 should not appear anymore.
If you want to get rid of the old Windows installation folder, then use Windows Media Creation tool to create a Flash Drive. Clean Install Windows 10. Now, every time when it asks for a product key, skip it. After installation is complete, Windows will automatically identify and activate your Copy.
NOTE: Clean Install will make Sure you cannot roll back to your previous Windows 7 or Windows 8. So do it only if you are confident of using Windows 10 from here on.
To verify the Windows activation status, follow these steps:
- Click Start button, and then click Computer.
- Click System properties on the toolbar, and then view the activation status in the Windows activation section.
For further information you may be interested in these similar issues: