Malware may install itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozend of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (The entire process takes about 15 minutes)
Fix Windows Activation Error Code 0x8007007B in Windows 10
If you recently upgraded your computer or if you’ve just switched to a new Windows 10 PC, the most common errors you might encounter are the Windows Activation errors. This issue boils down to the Windows Activation server which has either failed to validate or recognize the license tied to the digital account. In this post, you will be guided on how to fix an activation error in an organization with an error code 0x8007007B. It contains this exact error message:
“We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organization’s activation server. Make sure that you’re connected to your organization’s network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization’s support person. Error code 0x8007007B.”
Various computers are activated via the KMS licensing (Key Management Server) in organizations. Computers that are activated using this process do not get a permanent activation and has to stay connected to the organization instead for at least 7 months or 180 days. It is common in Pro and Enterprise versions that are deployed in bulk for at least hundreds or thousands of computers. So imagine a user with a personal computer in the office who decided to leave the organization but will still have an activated Windows key. And so to prevent that from happening, organizations use the KMS licensing. Another possible cause of the error is in case some user used an organization key and later on, the PC just got upgraded or downgraded to a version which is not compatible to that copy of Windows.
To fix this Windows Activation error, here are some suggestions that might help.
Option 1 – You can try connecting to the organization’s network and activate the computer. But before that, you need to first check if the computer actually belongs to an organization or not.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” and hit Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that type the vbs /dlv command and hit Enter to execute it.
- Next, check if the Product Key Channel says “GVLK”. If it does, then it means that your computer was activated using volume licensing.
Option 2 – Change Licence Key
If you’ve recently left an organization then it’s best if you buy another copy of Windows 10 and then change the license key. This time, make sure that the license key is for the same version of Windows. However, if it’s different, you need to format your computer.
Option 3 – You can try activating Windows 10 using a mobile phone
Activating Windows 10 can also be done using your phone. Just note that you have to call Microsoft to do so.
- In the Start Search box, type in “Slui 4” and tap Enter.
- Next, select your country and click on Next.
- Keep the window open and call the toll-free number of the country you’re from.
- Afterward, a confirmation ID should be given by the automated system which you must take a note of.
- Finally, in the box on the window, type in the confirmation ID and click on the Activate button. That should do it.
Option 4 – If you think that the issue is caused by some hardware changes, you can try using the Activation Troubleshooter. There are times when users already have the license keys and were able to activate Windows. However, it doesn’t last long and only works for a while and it’s suddenly throwing up an activation error like this one. To use the Windows Activation Troubleshooter, just go to Settings and to Activation and then run the troubleshooter from there.
If you’ve made some modifications in your hardware, you have to click the “I changed hardware on this device recently” option for further suggestions.
That should resolve the issue. If you have other have other system-related issues that need some fixing aside from the Windows Activation error code 0x8007007B, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you can try to fix them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/restoro in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.