Malware may install itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozend of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (The entire process takes about 15 minutes)
How to Fix Windows Upgrade or Activation error 0xc03f6506 in Windows 10
There are a lot of home users that often get a computer that comes installed with the Windows 10 Home. And since Windows 10 Pro offers more features and utilities compared to Windows 10 Home, a lot of users also prefer to upgrade their Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. However, while doing so, a number of users reported that they encountered error 0xc03f6506 and they were not able to proceed with the upgrade.
If you are one of these users, when you encounter error 0xc03f6506, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“The last product key you entered can’t be used on this copy of Windows (0xc03f6506).”
This particular error tend to occur when you go on to activate Windows 10 although it can also appear during the upgrade process. In such cases, you will see the following error message:
“Unable to upgrade your edition, We can’t upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again. (0xc03f6506).”
To fix the Activation Error Code 0xc03f6506 in Windows 10, use the options provided below as references but before you proceed, make sure that you create a System Restore point first.
Option 1 – Try to use the Registry Editor
If you have already upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and you’re having trouble in its Activation, then you might want to apply some registry tweaks to fix the problem. How? Refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “regedit” in the field and click OK or tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry key: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion
- From there, look for a DWORD named “EditionID” and once you found it, double click on it and change its Value data to Windows 10 Professional.
- After that, look for another DWORD named as “ProductName” and double click on it to change its Value data to Windows 10 Professional.
- Once you’re done, restart your computer to apply the changes made successfully.
Option 2 – Try to use Command Prompt
If the registry tweaks you applied didn’t fix the Activation error, then you can try using Command Prompt instead. Note that you can use this option in both scenarios pointed out above.
- First, you have to insert a bootable drive of Windows10 installer.
- Next, tap the Win + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- After opening Command Prompt as admin, navigate to the root location of the bootable drive inside the Command Prompt command line.
- Once you’re already there, type the following command and tap Enter:
setup.exe /auto upgrade /pkey <YOUR WINDOWS 10 PRO EDITION PRODUCT KEY>
After entering the command, check if it was able to fix the Windows Upgrade or Activation error 0xc03f6506. If not, refer to the next given option below.
Option 3 – Try to disable the Network Adapter
Just like the second option, you can also use this option for both the given scenarios above.
- Tap the Win + X keys and select Network Connections from the menu.
- This will open the settings for your network and on the left side panel, click on the “Change adapter settings” link. This will open Control Panel.
- From there, click on the network your computer is connected to and then right click on the Network Adapter that you are using and select Disable.
- After disabling the Network Adapter, try to switch to the edition of your copy of Windows 10 again and see if the problem is now fixed and don’t forget to double click on the disabled Network Adapter to get back on the Network.
Apart from the Windows Upgrade or Activation error 0xc03f6506, if your computer experiences other issues, there is also another option that might help. Often referred to as a
one-click solution, what makes this program better than other system utility tools or antivirus programs is that aside from helping you free up disk usage and memory in your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing. This program is known as Restoro and is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance, including Blue Screen of Death errors. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.