How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8024402c in Windows 10
Connecting to Microsoft’s Windows Update servers does not always go smoothly since you could run into a number of errors. One of these errors is the error code 0x8024402C. You can see this error code when you check for Windows Updates. This kind of Windows Update error occurs when the proxy or the firewall settings are incorrectly configured. As a result, the client’s connection to the Windows Update servers fails.
There are two things you can do to resolve error code 0x8024402c. First, you can try to fix the Proxy Settings. Second, you can set up Automatically Detect the connection settings. In addition, you can also try to perform System Restore as it could also help in fixing the problem. Performing System Restore might help you in fixing the error code 0x8024402C. Refer to the steps below to use System Restore.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
If performing System Restore didn’t help in fixing the problem, then try the two given options below.
Option 1 – Try fixing the Proxy Settings
- In the Cortana search box, search for Internet Explorer and then click on the related search result.
- After that, tap the Win + T keys on your keyboard and click on Internet Options.
- Next, navigate to the Connections tab and click on LAN Settings.
- Then click on the Advanced button and delete all the entries in the list generated in the Exceptions section. And if the Advanced button is disabled because the “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)” option is disabled then you are good to go. Now proceed to the next step.
- Tap the Win + X keys or right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) or you could also search for “cmd” in the Cortana search box and right click on Command Prompt from the search results and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- If a User Account Control appears, click on Yes to proceed. After that, type each one of the commands listed below and don’t forget to hit Enter after you type each one of them.
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
- net stop wuauserv
- net start wuauserv
- Now restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not by checking for Windows Updates again.
Option 2 – Try setting up Automatically Detect the connection settings
- Type in “internet options” in the Cortana search box and then click on the related search result.
- After that, navigate to the Connections tab.
- Next, click on the LAN Settings button located under the Local Area Network (LAN) settings section.
- Then uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)” option under the Proxy Server section and click OK.
- Now restart your computer to apply the changes made successfully.
For other system issues aside from the Windows Update error 0x8024402C, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/restoro in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.