How to Fix Microsoft Office Activation error 0x80070426 in Windows 10
In case you don’t know, Microsoft Office uses a separate mechanism than the Windows operating system for specific purposes such as Updates and Activation which brings in the content dependencies of this mechanism on different services and processes. Thus, in such cases, you could encounter errors like the error code 0x80070426. When you get this error, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“An unexpected error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x80070426)”
This kind of error is caused by various supporting processes and services that are not working or are not being triggered as they were supposed to. If you are currently facing this issue, worry not for this post will guide you in fixing it. There are two potential fixes you can try – you can either check the responsible services or manually run the Activation Script. For more details refer to the given options below.
Option 1 – Try checking the responsible Services
- In the Start search, type “services.msc” in the field and tap Enter or click OK to open the Windows Services Manager.
- If a User Account Control or UAC prompt appears, just click on Yes to proceed to the Windows Services Manager utility window.
- After that, look for the “Software Licensing Service” service entry from the given list of services inside the window.
- Then right-click on it and select Properties and from there, make sure that its Startup Type is set to Automatic.
- Once done, click on the Start button to start the service and then exit the Services Manager.
- Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run utility and then type “cmd” in the field and tap Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that, type and enter each command below one after the other.
- net start slsvc
- sc qc slsvc
- sc queryex slsvc
- sc qprivs slsvc
- sc qsidtype slsvc
- sc sdshow slsvc
- Now check if the problem is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to manually run the Activation Script
- In the Start search, type “cmd” and right-click on Command Prompt from the given search results and then select the “Run as administrator” option to open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Next, navigate to the following location inside the Command Prompt command-line utility if you are using Office 16.
- x86: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office16
- x64: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office16
- On the other hand, if you are using an older version, go to the following location instead.
- x86: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/OfficeXX
- x64: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OfficeXX
- Once you’re in the location, type the following command to run the Activation Script and then tap Enter.
- The command you just entered will activate your copy of Microsoft Office.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x80070426 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x80070426 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.