Malware may install itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozend of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (The entire process takes about 15 minutes)
How to Fix Microsoft Office Activation error 0x80070426 in Windows 10
In case you don’t know, Microsoft Office uses a separate mechanism than the Windows operating system for specific purposes such as Updates and Activation which brings in the content dependencies of this mechanism on different services and processes. Thus, in such cases, you could encounter errors like the error code 0x80070426. When you get this error, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“An unexpected error has occurred. You request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x80070426)”
This kind of error is caused by various supporting processes and services that are not working or are not being triggered as like they were supposed to. If you are currently facing this issue, worry not for this post will guide you in fixing it. There are two potential fixes you can try – you can either check the responsible services or manually run the Activation Script. For more details refer to the given options below.
Option 1 – Try checking the responsible Services
- In the Start search, type “services.msc” in the field and tap Enter or click OK to open the Windows Services Manager.
- If a User Account Control or UAC prompt appears, just click on Yes to proceed to the Windows Services Manager utility window.
- After that, look for the “Software Licensing Service” service entry from the given list of services inside the window.
- Then right click on it and select Properties and from there, make sure that its Startup Type is set to Automatic.
- Once done, click on the Start button to start the service and then exit the Services Manager.
- Next, tap the Win + R keys to open Run utility and then type “cmd” in the field and tap Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that, type and enter each commands below one after the other.
- net start slsvc
- sc qc slsvc
- sc queryex slsvc
- sc qprivs slsvc
- sc qsidtype slsvc
- sc sdshow slsvc
- Now check if the problem is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to manually run the Activation Script
- In the Start search, type “cmd” and right click on Command Prompt from the given search results and then select the “Run as administrator” option to open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Next, navigate to the following location inside the Command Prompt command line utility if you are using Office 16.
- x86: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice16
- x64: C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice16
- On the other hand, if you are using an older version, go to the following location instead.
- x86: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOfficeXX
- x64: C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeXX
- Once you’re in the location, type the following command to run the Activation Script and then tap Enter.
- The command you just entered will activate your copy of Microsoft Office.
In addition to the Microsoft Office Activation error code 0x80070426 in your Windows 10 PC, if you are also facing other issues right now concerning your computer system which has been bothering you for quite some time, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.