How to Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10
If your Windows 10 computer is currently experiencing a high CPU usage because of the IAStorDataSvc, read on as this post will show you what you can do to resolve the issue. The high CPU usage of IAStorDataSvc is because of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It appears as a Service that may not only result in high CPU usage but also high disk and memory usage, as well as slow computer performance and overheating of your PC. This problem usually occurs on HP computers and on any computers that are using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. You might also notice that your fan runs on high speed each time this issue occurs with the average CPU usage spiking up to 50%.
Take note that this service is used to speed up the file access. However, if you are not using an SSD on your computer, then it’s not really necessary for you to have the IAStorDataSvc installed. To resolve this issue, here are some options you can try.
Option 1 – Update or reinstall or remove the IAStorDataSvc driver
Before you proceed, you need to decide first if you want to update, reinstall or remove the IAStorDataSvc driver. To make things easier for you, you can try downloading the latest driver from the Intel Download Centre and then install it in your computer. If it works, good, but if not, you might want to consider removing the driver completely and just let the Windows Update look for the right driver for your computer after you restart it. There are times when the drivers installed are incompatible with the latest Windows update which results in issues like high CPU usage.
- Tap the Win + X + M combination on your keyboard to open the Device Manager.
- After that, look for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, right click on it and then select Uninstall.
- Now restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Note: You might also have to go to the list of installed programs and uninstall a program that is listed as “Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver”. To do so, refer to these steps:
- In the Cortana Search box, type “control panel” and from the search results that appear, click on Control Panel.
- After opening Control Panel, select Programs > Programs and Features which will open the list of installed programs in your computer.
- From there, look for Intel Rapid Storage Technology and uninstall it.
Option 2 – Try to disable the IAStorDataSvc via Services Manager
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open Services.
- Next, look for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology services from the list of services and then double-click it.
- Then change its Startup type to “Disabled”.
- After that click on the Apply button and then OK to save the changes made.
- Now exit the Services window and check if the problem’s resolved.
If the instructions given above didn’t do much to resolve the high CPU usage of IAStorDataSvc on your Windows 10 PC, there is also another that could help you. What makes this program better than other system utility tools or antivirus programs is that aside from helping you free up disk usage and memory in your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing. This program is known as Restoro and is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance, including high CPU usage of some program in your system. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/restoro in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.