How to fix Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation
Installing programs on your Windows 10 computer does not go smoothly as you could encounter some issues along the way that could prevent you from successfully installing the program. One of the common errors you can encounter during the installation of programs is the Error 2753. There are times when the packages are corrupted or those packages are not working properly or it wasn’t able to create files and paths. When you encounter this kind of error, you will get the following error message:
“Error 2753, The File is not marked for installation.”
Note that this kind of error is not bound to only some specific files but it can also happen with any file, be it an executable file or an MSI file. To fix this error, here are some possible solutions that you could try.
Option 1 – Fresh download the setup file
The first thing you can do is to fresh download the setup file from the official homepage and then place it to a different location. Just make sure that you download the correct setup file that’s compatible to your operating system. Then restart your computer and sign in as administrator. After that, right click on the setup file and select the Run as administrator to proceed with the installation.
Option 2 – Try removing all the previous versions of the software
If there is a previous version of the program that’s still installed in your computer, you need to uninstall that program since it might be the reason why you’re getting Error 2753.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- From there, look for the previous version of the program you are trying to install, select it and then click on Uninstall to remove it.
- After that, restart your computer and try to install the latest version of the program again. It should work now. If not, proceed to the next available option below.
Option 3 – Run the setup file as administrator
The setup file may need more permission in order to execute properly and so you need to run it as an administrator. To do so, you need to give it more privileges for it to work as intended by its developer.
- Right click on the setup file and select the Run as administrator option.
- Afterwards, a User Account Control or UAC prompt will appear and from there, click on Yes and then check if the file runs or not.
Note: If the setup file does not run, you may have to take ownership of the folder where the setup file is located. To take ownership of the folder, refer to these steps:
- First, locate the concerned folder and right click on it then select Properties.
- Next, click on the Edit button in the Properties window and click OK to confirm if you got a User Account Control elevation request.
- After that, select user/group from the permission windows or click on the Add button to add other user or group. It would be best if you add “Everyone” to give permission.
- Then check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions.
- Now edit the permission to Full Control for “Everyone”.
- Click OK to save the changes made and then exit.
Option 4 – Try running the setup file in Compatibility Mode
You may be getting Error 2753 if the setup file is not intended to run on the Windows 10 version you are using which is why you have to run it in Compatibility Mode. This will allow the setup file to think that it is running in a compatible environment as it is intended to.
Option 5 – Try to re-register the vbscript.dll file
You may have to re-register the vbscript.dll file using the regsvr32.exe before you can successfully install the program and fix Error 2753. The Regsvr32 tool is a command-line utility that can be used to register and un-register the OLE controls as DLL and ActiveX (OCX) controls in the Windows operating system. Follow the steps below to use it.
- Open Command Prompt as admin from the WinX menu.
- Next, type exe vbscript.dll in the elevated Command Prompt and hit Enter to execute the command. This will re-register the affected DLL file using the Windows operating system tool, regsvr32.exe.
- You should see a message saying, “DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded” if the Regsvr32 tool was able to run successfully. After that, try to install the program again and see if it now works.
On top of the “Error 2753, The File is not marked for installation” error in Windows 10, if you are also facing other issues right now concerning your computer system which has been bothering you for quite some time, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/restoro in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.