We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If you continuously encountered the “FATAL, No bootable medium found, System halted” error when you try to install Windows 10 in VirtualBox, read on as this post will give you some potential fixes to resolve the problem – you will be guided on how to choose the ISO image to fix this error in VirtualBox. This kind of error is a very common one especially if you have a corrupted ISO file or if you have not selected an ISO file for your virtual machine.
Like pointed out, this error pops up when you have a corrupted ISO file or if the ISO file is not attached to the virtual machine. You have to select the ISO file while you create the virtual hard disk, else, you will most likely face this problem and to fix it, you need to download fresh Windows ISO, create a new IDE Controller, assign Windows ISO to the IDE Controller and then boot your virtual machine. For detailed steps, follow the instructions below but before you start, make sure that you have a valid and uncorrupted Windows ISO.
Step 1: First, you need to open the VirtualBox program in your computer and select the virtual machine.
Step 2: Next, click on the Settings button or you can also right click on the virtual machine and select Settings from the context menu.
Step 3: Once you’re in the Settings panel, go to the Storage section and from there, create a Controller: IDE.
Step 4: To create a Controller: IDE, click the Add new storage controller icon and select the “Add IDE Controller” option.
Step 5: After that, click the Add optical drive icon and click on the Choose disk button. You will then see all the attached and non-attached ISO files. However, you have to add the new ISO file that you just downloaded.
Step 6: To add the new ISO file, click the Add button and select the ISO file and then select the .iso file from the Non Attached section.
Step 7: Now click the Choose button and afterwards, make a checkmark in the Live CD/DVD checkbox and then select the IDE Primary Master from the drop-down menu of the Optical Drive.
Step 8: Once you’re done, save the changes made and try booting into your virtual machine again.
Aside from the “FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted” error when you tried booting Windows in VirtualBox, if you have some system-related issues that need to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Advanced System Repair you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using ASR. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run ASR to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.