We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If you are browsing the web but suddenly encountered the ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT error on your Chrome browser in Windows 10, read on as this post will guide you in fixing this problem. This kind of error has already been reported by a number of Chrome users and it seems that the problem have something to do with a plugin or extension. Here’s the exact content of the error:
“This webpage was blocked by an extension (ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT)”
This kind of error, as pointed out, could be caused by an extension or plugin on Chrome that is blocking the web page. It is also possible that the version of Chrome is obsolete or that there could be more than 100 bookmarks in the Bookmark Manager. Before you troubleshoot the problem, make sure that you download the latest version of Google Chrome and see if it fixes the error. If it didn’t, then you can try opening a web page in Incognito Mode or disable and remove the extension that’s causing the problem. You could also try to remove any surplus bookmarks.
Option 1 – Try to open the web page in Incognito Mode
The first thing you can do to fix the problem is to try opening the web page in Incognito Mode. When your browser is in this mode, it will work without extensions. This would help in fixing the problem especially if it was caused by some extension or toolbar in your browser. All you have to do is open any web page in Chrome and tap the Ctrl + Shift + N key combination to open a window in Incognito Mode.
Option 2 – Try to disable and get rid of the problematic extension
After you’ve isolated the problem and have determined that an extension is the one that’s causing it, then the next thing you have to do is to disable or get rid of that extension.
- Open Chrome and press Alt + F keys.
- Go to More tools and click Extensions to look for any suspicious browser extensions or toolbars.
- Click the Recycle bin and select Remove.
- Restart Chrome and press Alt + F keys again.
- Proceed to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- To check if the browser hijacker is still active, click Set pages, if it is active, overwrite the URL.
Note: If removing the browser extensions or toolbars didn’t work, you can also try to reset your Google Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
Option 3 – Try removing surplus bookmarks
If your Chrome browser is already supporting more than 100 bookmarks, you might want to consider deleting them as it could also be one of the reasons why you’re getting the ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT error. To remove these bookmarks, just open the bookmark library by typing this address “chrome://bookmarks/” in the address bar of Chrome and tap Enter and press Shift and then select the surplus bookmarks by using the arrow keys. After that, click Delete to get rid of them.
Option 4 – Try clearing browser data
There are times when some data in the browser is conflicting with the loading of the website and triggers errors like ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT. And so you can try to clear your browser’s data. This might be a very basic solution but oftentimes it works in fixing this kind of error in Google Chrome. Follow the steps below to clear the data in your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- After that, tap the Ctrl + H keys. Doing so will open a new panel that allows you to delete the browsing history and other data in your browser.
- Now select every checkbox that you see and click on the Clear browsing data button.
- Then restart your Chrome browser and check if you can now open any website or not.
The above-given solutions should resolve the ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT error in Chrome. If not, and if you also have other system-related issues, there is a one-click solution known as Advanced System Repair you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using ASR. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run ASR to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.