Change default name for new folder in Windows 10
Anytime when a new folder is created in Windows name “New Folder” is offered and set as the default name. If by any chance you would like to change this and set your own default name instead of the standard one, follow this guide.
Please be aware that this guide will require you to change the registry of Windows, it is common practice to make a backup of your registry each time you want to manually change any values in it, just in case something goes wrong.
- In order to change the default new folder name first press ⊞ WINDOWS + R to open the run dialog, type in it RegEdit, and press ENTER
- In registry editor find the key:
- Select the NamingTemplates key. If it is not present, you’ll need to create one.
- Right-click the NamingTemplates key to add a String Value.
- Assign it the following name: RenameNameTemplate.
- Double-click on the RenameNameTemplate data value to open the Edit String dialog box.
- In the Value Data field enter the new text you want to appear when you create a new folder. You have to make sure you are not using any of the following characters: \ / ? : * ” > < |
- Close the Registry Editor and Exit.
- Now, when you create a new folder, it will be named Whatever you chose instead of New folder.
And that is all to it, you now have your own personal new folder naming template.
Congratulations, you have just changed the default new folder name in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you change the default new folder name in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Download and install Restoro from the official site.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Start Repair” button.