0x00000050 – What is it?
0x00000050 is a type of stop error code. It is also known as a Blue Screen of Death error. It usually occurs when you try to start your PC or load a program. It can also occur while running a program.
This error may also pop up when you restart your PC after installing Windows XP Service Pack (SP1) on your computer. Unlike some PC related errors, 0x00000050 error code occurs without any warning.
The stop 0x00000050 error is displayed in a blue screen and interrupts you from carrying your desired activities on your PC smoothly. This error message is prompted in the following format:
Stop 0X00000050 (parameter1, 0, parameter3, parameter4)
Download Available to Completely Repair Error 0x00000050
Recommended: Download the Automatic Repair Utility to correct this and other PC performance issues.
Certified safe, virus free download. Error Tools Editor’s Choice.
Stop 0x00000050 error code may pop up on your Windows computer screen due to multiple causes. The most common causes for this error code include:
- Poor PC maintenance
- Registry issues- Bad registry keys, invalid entries, corrupt and damaged registry
- Incompatible Dll files
- Corruption of system files- Pool corruption in the Srvnet.sys file
- Spyware and viruses
- Overheating of PC components
- Conflict between Windows XP SP1 and the display adapter drivers that are currently installed on your PC.
It is advisable to resolve 0x00000050 error code on your PC right away. BSoD errors are fatal errors and can pose serious threats to your PC. If not fixed timely it can lead to system crash, failure and valuable data loss.
Further Information and Manual Repair
To prevent data loss and system failure, there are some effective methods to resolve Stop 0x00000050 error code on your PC. To implement these solutions on your PC, you don’t need to be a technical whiz or a computer programmer.
If the error cause is the conflict between Windows XP SP1 and the display adapter drivers then here’s what you need to do to resolve it:-
- First start Windows in safe mode. To do this, restart your computer and press F8. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode.
- Once you select it press enter. Now use the arrow keys to select the operating system, press enter to start your computer in safe mode.
- Go to start, click Run and then type ’msinfo32’ in the open box and press OK to continue. Then under the System Summary option, expand Components and then click Display to note the information that corresponds to the INF File Item. And then simply quit the utility.
- After that, go to the start menu again and then My Computer and Properties option.
- Press the Hardware Tab and then click the Device Manager tab. Go to the ‘Display Adapters’ option and press the option ‘Uninstall. To confirm action press OK.
- Once again, go to the start menu and run and then type the following commands as illustrated below and after each command press enter.
- ren %systemroot%\inf\INF file name from Step 5.inf *inf.old
- ren %systemroot%\inf\INF file name from Step 5.pnf *pnf.old
This procedure may look pretty lengthy but it is worth it. Once you insert the commands, close all open windows and then reboot your system. Now download the latest drivers for your display adapter and install. This will hopefully resolve 0x00000050 error code on your system.
Sometimes 0x00000050 BSoD error may occur due to temporary issues like overheating PC components. In times like these, all you need to do to fix the issue is to switch off your computer and allow the components to cool down. Try starting your PC after a few hours.
If the issue is triggered by malware, then it is advisable to download a powerful antivirus. Scan your entire PC to detect and remove viruses affecting your PC and generating BSoD errors on your system.
However, if the error still persists after trying all the methods stated above, then this means the cause of the error is deep rooted. It is related to the Windows registry. Registry stores all your system files and activities performed on your PC. It usually gets damaged and corrupt if it is not cleaned frequently.
The registry loads with unnecessary and obsolete files like junk files, cookies, internet history, bad registry keys and invalid entries. These files if not removed, accumulate and damage the registry, dll files and system files too thereby generate BSoD errors like 0x00000050 error messages.
You can clean and repair the registry manually but it requires a great deal of expertise.
The ideal and the easiest way to clean it is to download Total System Care. This is a highly functional and an easy to use software. It is embedded with multiple powerful utilities including such as a registry cleaner, an antivirus and a system optimizer.
The registry cleaning feature scans for all errors related to the registry. It removes obsolete files, invalid entries, restores damaged dll and system files.
The antivirus feature simultaneously detects and removes all kinds of malware. These include viruses, Trojans, spyware and adware affecting your PC. While the system optimizer feature ensures that your PC functions at its optimum speed.
It is a safe and a powerful PC Fixer. It has a user-friendly interface and compatible with all Windows versions including Windows 7, 8, XP and Vista.
Click here to download Total System Care and Fix Error 0x00000050