What is Error code 8007002c?
Users when upgrading to Windows 10 operating system from Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7, often encounter error code 8007002c. This error occurs when there’s an attempt made in performing an overall clean boot procedure. During the installation process, it will reach a certain maximum limit, for instance, 75%, and then reverts to its original state. Sometimes, after installation, users will encounter a black screen issue and there is no cursor visible.
Misconfigured system files that create registry errors within your operating system normally cause error code 8007002c in Windows 10. This registry error happens when there are new programs being installed over old ones without the old programs uninstalled entirely. Another possible cause could be from some malicious software like spyware, adware, and viruses.
Further Information and Manual Repair
Caution: The following steps are complicated. The risk of being in a no-boot situation or data loss might be encountered. It would be best to be supervised by an experienced user, especially in using the command line.
In order to fix Error code 8007002c occurring in Windows 10 upgrade, you can follow this step-by-step manual repair method. Once the repair method is correctly executed, users will most likely quickly resolve issues such as the Error code 8007002c and be able to upgrade to Windows 10 operating system smoothly.
However, in such cases where there are complex instructions and thus need an expert, seek help from a Windows professional. You may also want to consider making use of an automated tool whenever needed.
There are several ways to fix Error code 8007002c, but here are the most effective and efficient methods:
Method One: Force Windows Update
To be able to download and install the necessary updates, you may use the force Windows Update tool. See below for the steps:
- Browse to C:\Windows\Software\Distribution\Download. Afterward, delete all the files found in that folder.
- Press Windows key + X then click on the Command Prompt (Admin). Type exe /updatenow once the Command Prompt window appears then press Enter.
- Open the Control Panel. Select Windows Update. At this point, Windows 10 should now start downloading.
- Press again on Windows key + X to open the Command Prompt window. In the Command Prompt, Type or Copy and Paste the following commands one at a time:
NOTE: Don’t forget to hit Enter after every command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Input a machine name for your computer. Make sure to use a simple name, having at least 8 characters.
Here’s how you can input a machine name:
- Click on Start and then right-click on Computer. Afterward, select For users with Windows 8 operating system, press on Windows key + X then click on System.
- Click on Change settings under the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
Method Two: Diagnose RAM Issues
Another reason why Error code 8007002c occurs is when there’s a defective and wrongly installed memory chip. Try using the Windows Memory Diagnostic to diagnose if there are RAM Issues.
- Press on the Windows Key + X then select
- Select Windows Memory Diagnostic, from that window, select Restart now, and check for problems
Method Three: Use Selective Startup
One more possible cause why Error code 8007002c occurs is due to third-party software. To fix this error, you can try booting up your device with Selective Startup -- a boot type where you can load a limited set of startups and services.
- Open the System Configuration tool. On your Taskbar, type MSCONFIG in the Search Box then hit Enter.
- Select the General
- Select Selective startup option then tick on the Load system services
- Ensure that Load startup items check box is unchecked.
- Click Apply and
Can’t seem to put up with the long and technical manual repair process? You can still fix this error by downloading and installing a powerful automated tool that will surely get the job done in a jiffy!