We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
You have the option to choose to configure the Network to Private or Public when you set it on Windows 10 PC. On the other hand, if the option to change the Network from Public to Private goes missing in Windows Settings then this post will surely help. You can find this setting under Settings > Network and Internet > Ethernet and appears when you click on it.
If you are not able to see the option to change the network profile, then you either can’t open the settings or the option to change it has been disabled. To resolve this issue, you can either use the Registry Editor or Windows PowerShell. Refer to the options given below for more details.
Option 1 – Change the Network Profile via Registry Editor
Changing the Network Profile can be done using the Registry Editor. But before you proceed, make sure that you create a System Restore Point first just in case. Refer to the steps below to do so.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “regedit” in the field and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- After that, navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
- Now expand the Profiles key folder located in the left pane to see one or more folder.
- Next, expand each one of these folders and look for the “Description” sub-key which should match the name of your network.
- After you find the Description sub-key, look for another sub-key named “Category” and double click on it to open it.
- Now change its value from “0” to “1” to change the Network Profile from Public to Private.
Option 2 – Change the Network Profile via Windows PowerShell
Aside from the Windows Registry, you can also use Windows PowerShell in changing the Network Profile from Public to Private and so on. Take note that you have to use PowerShell with admin privileges. Just refer to the steps below to do so.
- Tap the Win + X keys and then select the “PowerShell (Admin)” option.
- Next, click on Yes if the User Account Control prompt appears.
- After that, execute the commands listed below. Hit Enter right after you key in each one of them.
- Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex <index number> -NetworkCategory Private
Note: Since every Network Profile has an index number, you can check the label “Name” to identify the network that you want to change.
Apart from the missing option to change the Network Profile from Public to Private and vice version, if have other system-related issues in your computer, there is a one-click solution known as Advanced System Repair you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using ASR. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/advanced-system-repair/ in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run ASR to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.