How to Fix Template_fields error in Microsoft Word on Windows 10
As you know, Microsoft Office Word is a program that’s widely used all over the web and it’s because it’s the best program there is when it comes to editing and processing words. However, even when it is the best there is, it is not without its faults and so on as it can still encounter some errors every now and then. One of these errors is the Template_fields errors. When you encounter such an error, you will see a pop-up window. This strange error randomly appears on documents but you need not worry as this post will provide you with possible solutions to resolve the problem. But before you proceed with these solutions, you have to create a backup for all your Word documents to Microsoft OneDrive preferably.
To fix the problem, you can try to disable the add-ins or try to start Word in Safe Mode or repair Office. For more details, refer to the options given below.
Option 1 – Disable the Add-ins
Although add-ins enhance Microsoft Word, there are times when they can also cause problems that end up breaking Microsoft Word instead of improving it which is why you have to disable them. Refer to the following steps to do so:
- Open Microsoft Word and then click on File.
- After that, select Options from the menu and then click on Add-ins.
- From there, you’ll see Manage: Com Add-ins as well as a button that says Go.
- Now click on the Go button and wait for a couple of seconds for a new window to appear.
- In the newly opened window, uncheck all the Add-ins and click on OK.
- Restart Microsoft Word and check if the “Template_fields” error is now fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try starting Word in Safe Mode
You might also want to try rebooting Microsoft Office in Safe Mode as it is one of your best shots in finding out whether the problem is internal or external. However, if the problem does not appear after you reboot Microsoft Word in Safe Mode, then there is a possibility that the problem is with Microsoft Office itself. On the other hand, if the problem persists, then it could be a deeper issue.
- First, start Microsoft Word in Safe Mode.
- Next, tap and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and open the Word document.
- After that, you should see a dialog box. Click on Yes and see if Microsoft Word opens in Safe Mode.
- Alternatively, you can open the search box and then type “winword.exe /safe” and hit Enter.
Option 3 – Try repairing Microsoft Office
If the first two options didn’t work, then you might want to try repairing Microsoft Office without getting rid of it. In most cases, this usually works in fixing any problems and returns the program back to its default state. To repair Microsoft Office, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the Start Menu button and select Apps and Features.
- Next, scroll until you see the Microsoft Office program you want to repair and then select the Modify option.
- After that, follow the options to repair Microsoft Office and then restart your PC and see if the “Template_fields” error is no longer present.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Template_fields error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Template_fields error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.