How to Fix Error 0x80070079: The semaphore timeout period has expired in Windows 10
This post will guide you on how you can fix the Error 0x80070079. This kind of error mostly occurs during the transfer of files across the networks. It could be caused by several factors which include the incorrect configuration of drivers or the network, as well as deadlock state or the server is loaded with a lot of tasks and if any location is not available. This error could also appear when you try to create a System Image or copy or move files on your computer. Here’s the full context of the error message:
“Error 0x80070079: The semaphore timeout period has expired.”
To fix this error, you can try to run the three built-in Network-related troubleshooters or update or reinstall the network adapter drivers or perform a network reset. For more details, follow the options laid out below.
Option 1 – Try to run the three built-in Network-related troubleshooters
The first thing you could do to fix the problem is to run any of the three built-in troubleshooters related to Networks such as Incoming Connections, Network Adapter, and Shared Folders troubleshooters. To access them, just open the Windows Settings app, and go to Update & security > Troubleshoot. From there, run any or each one of the aforementioned troubleshooters.
Option 2 – Update the Network Adapter drivers
You might also want to update the Network Adapter drivers by following these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “MSC” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Under the Device Manager, you will see a list of drivers. From there, look for the Network Adapters and expand them.
- Then right-click on each one of the Network drivers and update them all.
- Restart your PC and see if it helped in fixing the BSOD error.
Note: If updating the network drivers didn’t help in fixing the “Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter” error, you can also try to uninstall the very same drivers and restart your Windows 10 PC. After that, the system itself will reinstall the drivers you just uninstalled. Alternatively, you can also download and install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website directly.
To reinstall the network adapter driver, refer to these steps:
- Open the Devices Manager from the Win X Menu.
- Then locate the device drivers and right-click on them to open the Properties.
- After that, switch to the Driver tab and click on the Uninstall Device button.
- Follow the screen option to completely uninstall it.
- Finally, restart your computer. It will just reinstall the device drivers automatically.
Option 3 – Perform a Network Reset
Network Reset is a feature in Windows 10 that will help you reinstall the Network adapters as well as reset the Networking Components back to their original settings.
- Open the Start Menu and click on the Settings icon.
- Next, click on the Status link on the left side where you should see the status of your Network. Aside from that, you should also see a link that will let you open the Network Troubleshooter – click on that link to expand Network Troubleshooter.
- Under Network Troubleshooter, select the link for “Network reset”.
- After you click on Network reset, it should redirect you to the following page. From there, click on the Reset now button.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x80070079 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x80070079 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.