One of the most common and bothersome issue with a printer is when it refuses to get configured or set up on your computer. Thus when your printer ha some configuration issues, you will most likely encounter the error 0x00000709.
This occurs if there is already a default printer set and configured or Windows does not want to configure the new printer at all.
Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709), Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network.
Today, we will try two fixes that may help you get rid of this error.
Option 1 – Run the Printer Troubleshooter
One of the first basic troubleshooting you can perform to resolve the printer issue is running the Printer Troubleshooter. This built-in troubleshooter can detect and automatically fix the problem for you. To use it, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “exe /id PrinterDiagnostic” in the field and click OK or hit Enter to open the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Then click the Next button and follow the next on-screen instructions to fix the issue with the printer.
Option 2 – Try to use some Registry tweaks to add the Printer
You might want to use some tweaks to add the Printer but before you proceed, make sure to create a System Restore Point so that if anything goes out of hand, you can always undo the changes you’ve made.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “regedit” in the field and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- When a UAC or User Account Control prompt appears, click Yes.
- Once you’ve opened the Registry Editor, go to the following key location:
- From there, double click on the file named “Device on the right side pane under the Windows folder.
- Now add the name of your printer in the Value Data field as you can see below and then click the OK button.
Note: As you can see on the image above, you must not change the “.winspool.Ne02:” part and only the first one which is the name of your printer.
- After that, you will get a message that says, “Cannot edit Device: Error writing the value’s new contents, simply click on OK again. You have to take note of the existing permissions before you proceed to the next step. Once you’ve added the Printer, make sure to reverse the changes you’ve made to the Permissions.
- Now right click on the Windows folder located on the left pane and click on Permission.
- Select Restricted under the Group or user names section.
- Then check the check boxes for “Full Control”, “Read” and “Special Permissions” under the Permissions for RESTRICTED section.
- After that click the Apply button and then OK to save the changes made.
- Next, right click on the file named “UserSelectdDefault” and select Rename to rename it to your printer’s name.
- Now restart your computer to successfully apply the changes made.
- After the printer is added, don’t forget to reverse the Permission changes you’ve made early on.
Option 3 – Try updating the Printer drivers
You might also want to try updating your Printer drivers. All you have to do is locate the USB Composite Device. For complete details, follow the steps below.
- First, click the Start button and type “device manager”.
- Then click on the “Device Manager” from the search results to open it.
- From there, look for the USB Composite Device option and right click on it and select the Update Driver from the options.
- Restart your PC and then click the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
Note: You also have the option to download the latest version of your Printer from the manufacturer’s website.
If you are facing other issues right now concerning your computer system which has been bothering you for quite some time now, there is a one-click solution known as [product-name] you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.