How to Fix Err_Connection_Closed error on Windows 10
If you suddenly encounter an error message that says, “This webpage is not available, Err_Connection_Closed” while browsing the internet or visiting a website and the website fails to load, then it means that there is some problem with your network connection. Similarly, you may also get other error messages like “Err_Network_Changed”, “Err_Connection_Reset” and “Err_Internet_Disconnected” errors in different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
The problem lies in your Windows 10 computer and your internet connection since this is a network issue. So before you troubleshoot the problem using the suggestions given below, you need to refresh your browser first or you could also tap Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard to hard reload the webpage. If you’re still getting the same error message, then proceed to the guide below.
Option 1 – Try removing the Proxy
Removing the Proxy might also help you in fixing the “This webpage is not available, Err_Connection_Closed” error. Here’s how you can do it:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to pull up the Internet Properties.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and select the LAN settings.
- From there. Uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” option for your LAN and then make sure that the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked.
- Now click the OK and the Apply buttons.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If you are using a third-party proxy service, you have to disable it.
Option 2 – Try using Google Public DNS
If the first option didn’t resolve the issue, you can try to use the Public DNS by Google and see if it can help fix the problem. You have to modify the DNS settings in your system explicitly and use the DNS IP addresses.
- The first thing you have to do is right-click on the network icon in the Taskbar and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, click on the “Change Adapter Settings” option.
- After that, search for the network connection that you are using to connect to the internet. Note that the option might be “Wireless Connection” or “Local Area Connection”.
- Right-click on your network connection and click on Properties.
- Then select the new window to choose the “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option.
- After that, click on the Properties button and click the checkbox in the new window for the option “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Type in “18.104.22.168” and “22.214.171.124” and click OK and exit.
Option 3 – Reset Winsock, TCP/IP & Flush DNS
Resetting Winsock, TCP/IP, and flushing DNS might help you resolve the Err_Connection_Closed error. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator) so you can pull up an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that, execute each one of the commands listed below. And after you typed in one after the other, you have to hit Enter.
- netsh winsock reset – type in this command to reset Winsock
- netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt – type in this command to reset TCP/IP
- ipconfig /flushdns – type in this command to flush the DNS cache
- Next, restart your PC and check if the problem’s fixed.
Option 4 – Disable both the Antivirus program and Firewall temporarily
There are times when antivirus programs and the firewall blocks a website that they consider to be malicious or even because of false-positive effects which is why you have to disable these programs temporarily as it might be the reason why you’re getting the “This webpage is not available, Err_Connection_Closed” error when trying to browse the internet.
Option 5 – Try to check the network cables and then restart your router
The most obvious thing you can do first is to try checking if the network cables connected to your computer or router are properly connected or not. If it turns out that some network cables are not connected properly, then it’s probably why you’re getting this error.
Option 6 –Try a Network Reset
When all else fails, you might have to consider resetting your entire network settings. Simply follow the steps below to do so.
- Click on the Start button and then click on the gear-like icon for Settings to open it.
- Next, select Network and Internet.
- Then scroll down and look for “Network Reset” – click on it and then click on the Reset now button.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Err_Connection_Closed error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Err_Connection_Closed error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.