How to Fix Can’t start your Camera, 0xa00f429f” Error in Windows 10
If you are using the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer but encountered an error code 0xa00f429f with an error message that says, “Can’t start your camera”, read on as this post will guide you in fixing this problem. This kind of error in the Camera app could be due to a recent update gone wrong or it could also be due to a corrupted driver. If you are certain that the camera is connected and is properly installed, you can try to check for updated drivers.
The error code signifies that the drivers have to be updated. However, that isn’t always the case sometimes as the problem could also have something to do with corruption in the driver. The effective ways to troubleshoot this problem would be trying to reinstall or reset the Windows Camera app, or update, rollback or uninstall some device drivers as well as use the Registry Editor. Before you proceed with the instructions provided below, make sure that you have admin privileges and don’t forget to create a System Restore point.
Option 1 – Try to reset or reinstall the Windows Camera app
As pointed out earlier, you can also reset the Camera app to fix the error. To do so, follow the steps below.
- The first thing you have to do is go to the My Pictures folder under the C: drive of the File Explorer and then delete the Camera Roll folder.
- Once you’re done, right click on an empty area on your screen and create a new folder and name it “Camera Roll”.
- Then from the Start menu open the Settings app and select System.
- From there, navigate to the Apps and features section.
- Now go to Camera and click on the Advanced Options and click the Reset button.
Option 2 – Try to reinstall the Camera app
If resetting the Camera app didn’t help, you might want to reinstall it by following these steps:
- Tap the Win + X keys and select the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option from the menu to open Windows PowerShell as admin.
- Next, type this command to uninstall the Camera app: Get-AppxPackage *camera* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once done, exit the Windows PowerShell and restart your computer and then try to install the latest version of the Camera app from Microsoft Store.
Option 3 – Try to rollback, update or disable drivers
The next thing you can do to fix the error code 0xa00f429f in the Camera app is to rollback, or update, or disable device drivers. It is most likely that after you updated your Windows computer that your driver also needs a refresh. On the other hand, if you have just updated your device drivers then you need to rollback the drivers to their previous versions. Whichever applies to you, refer to the steps below.
- Open the Devices Manager from the Win X Menu.
- After opening the Device Manager, look for the device drivers which have a yellow exclamation mark.
- Then right click on each one of them. If you haven’t updated this driver in a while, select the “Update Driver” option. On the other hand, if you’ve just updated this driver, then select the Uninstall Device option.
- Next, follow the screen option to update or uninstall it.
- Finally, restart your computer. It will just reinstall the device drivers automatically if you have chosen to uninstall it.
Note: You can install a dedicated driver in your computer in case you have it or you could also look for it directly from the website of the manufacturer.
Option 4 – Try to use the Registry Editor
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “regedit” in the field and then hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry key: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows Media FoundationPlatform
- From there, right click on any empty space on the right side part of the window and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Then name it as “EnableFrameServerMode” and double click on it.
- Now set its value data to “0” and its base value as Hexadecimal and then click on OK.
- After that, restart your computer and see if it helped in fixing the problem or not.
Option 5 – Run Restoro
If the fixes given above wasn’t able to fix the the error code 0xa00f429f in the Camera app, worry not, as there is still another option that could help you. This option is Restoro, also known as a “one-click” solution. What makes this program a lot better than other system utility tools or antivirus programs is that aside from helping you free up disk usage and memory in your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing including BSOD errors. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.