How to Fix Can’t start your Camera, 0xa00f429f” Error in Windows 10
If you are using the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer but encountered an error code 0xa00f429f with an error message that says, “Can’t start your camera”, read on as this post will guide you in fixing this problem. This kind of error in the Camera app could be due to a recent update gone wrong or it could also be due to a corrupted driver. If you are certain that the camera is connected and is properly installed, you can try to check for updated drivers.
The error code signifies that the drivers have to be updated. However, that isn’t always the case sometimes as the problem could also have something to do with corruption in the driver. The effective ways to troubleshoot this problem would be trying to reinstall or reset the Windows Camera app, or update, rollback or uninstall some device drivers as well as use the Registry Editor. Before you proceed with the instructions provided below, make sure that you have admin privileges and don’t forget to create a System Restore point.
Option 1 – Try to reset or reinstall the Windows Camera app
As pointed out earlier, you can also reset the Camera app to fix the error. To do so, follow the steps below.
- The first thing you have to do is go to the My Pictures folder under the C: drive of the File Explorer and then delete the Camera Roll folder.
- Once you’re done, right-click on an empty area on your screen and create a new folder and name it “Camera Roll”.
- Then from the Start menu open the Settings app and select System.
- From there, navigate to the Apps and features section.
- Now go to Camera and click on the Advanced Options and click the Reset button.
Option 2 – Try to reinstall the Camera app
If resetting the Camera app didn’t help, you might want to reinstall it by following these steps:
- Tap the Win + X keys and select the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option from the menu to open Windows PowerShell as admin.
- Next, type this command to uninstall the Camera app: Get-AppxPackage *camera* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once done, exit the Windows PowerShell and restart your computer and then try to install the latest version of the Camera app from Microsoft Store.
Option 3 – Try to rollback, update or disable drivers
The next thing you can do to fix the error code 0xa00f429f in the Camera app is to roll back, or update, or disable device drivers. It is most likely that after you updated your Windows computer that your driver also needs a refresh. On the other hand, if you have just updated your device drivers then you need to roll back the drivers to their previous versions. Whichever applies to you, refer to the steps below.
- Open the Devices Manager from the Win X Menu.
- After opening the Device Manager, look for the device drivers which have a yellow exclamation mark.
- Then right-click on each one of them. If you haven’t updated this driver in a while, select the “Update Driver” option. On the other hand, if you’ve just updated this driver, then select the Uninstall Device option.
- Next, follow the screen option to update or uninstall it.
- Finally, restart your computer. It will just reinstall the device drivers automatically if you have chosen to uninstall them.
Note: You can install a dedicated driver on your computer in case you have it or you could also look for it directly from the website of the manufacturer.
Option 4 – Try to use the Registry Editor
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “Regedit” in the field and then hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry key: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows Media FoundationPlatform
- From there, right-click on any empty space on the right side part of the window and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Then name it as “EnableFrameServerMode” and double click on it.
- Now set its value data to “0” and its base value as Hexadecimal and then click on OK.
- After that, restart your computer and see if it helped in fixing the problem or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0xa00f429f error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0xa00f429f error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.