Fixing the Java Install or Update did not complete – Error Code 1603 in Windows 10
You might have experienced a situation where you’re trying to install or update your Java application on your Windows 10 computer but were not able to do so for some reason. One of the problems you can encounter while updating or installing Java is the error code 1603.
There are two ways you can install Java – you have the option to choose where to get Java either from online download or offline download. There are times when before you can install Java, you might have to disable the firewall first as it may interrupt with the Java online installation. And while doing so, if you are getting the “Java Update or Install did not complete – Error Code 1603” error message, read on as this post will show you what you can do to fix it.
At the time of writing, the exact cause of this error is still unknown. On the other hand, you must still check if you have fulfilled all the system requirements needed to install Java. You have to make sure that your Windows 10 PC have sufficient disk space available for the Java installation or update. In addition, you also have to make sure that you meet all the hardware requirements and you are using a popular web browser for the installation and that you have administrative privileges for download and installation.
To fix the “Java Update or Install did not complete – Error Code 1603” error, here are some suggestions you can try.
Option 1 – Restart your computer before you install the new Java package
You might have to restart your computer if you got the error code 1603 while installing Java through an offline download.
- Restart your computer.
- Next, download and install the offline installer of the Java package from the official site of Java and not some third party source.
- In the prompt box that appears while downloading the Java package, select the option Save in and save the package in your preferred folder.
- After that, navigate to the saved, downloaded package in your computer and then double click on the file to begin the installation process.
After that, if it didn’t fix the problem and you’re still getting the error code 1603, follow the next given option below.
Option 2 – Uninstall the old versions of Java before you install the new package
- Open the Control Panel.
- After that, click on Programs and features.
- Then select the old Java package and click on Uninstall.
- Restart your compute and then try installing the new Java package again from its official site.
Option 3 – Disable the Java content in the browser you’re using via Java Control Panel and reinstall Java
- Open the Control Panel again.
- And then click on the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to the Security tab and then uncheck the “Enable Java content in the browser” option.
- Then click on Apply and then Ok to save the changes made.
- Now install the new Java package again after you download it from its official website.
- Once the installation is completed, re-enable the “Enable Java content in the browser” option in the Java Control Panel as it is essential especially if you are running Java content in your browser.
If the aforementioned steps didn’t work in fixing the “Java Update or Install did not complete – Error Code 1603” error, then you might want to consider using a one-click solution to fix the problem and other issues you have on your Windows 10 computer all at once. This one-click solution is known as Restoro. This efficient program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://errortools.com/download/restoro in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.