Error Code 0x80070422
Error code 0x80070422 is a Windows-based error code occurring in various versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. It usually occurs when users attempt to update Windows. A message box will appear stating that the error code has occurred. Users will notice the following common symptoms:
- Inability to complete Windows updates
- Error message occurring during use of Windows Update service
The error code, if left unresolved, can cause serious problems for PC users as they will be unable to access the latest updates to the Windows operating system. Such a situation can expose their system to vulnerabilities. Thus, fixing Windows 10 error code is of utmost importance.
Among the many reasons Error code 0x80070422 is encountered includes:
- Corrupted or missing registry and DLL files
- Badly or poorly installed software. The software could also be infected by a virus or Trojan
- Outdated or poorly installed drivers
Further Information and Manual Repair
Fixing Windows-based error codes can be a simple process. However, in some cases, it requires specialized skills. In the case of Windows 10 error code 0x80070422 consider the two (2) main solutions available through manual repair. You may also need to consider help from a certified Windows repair technician or the use of an automated tool if you are not confident you have the skills to perform the solutions below.
Method 1: Check if Windows Update is Running Properly
One of the main reasons for error code 0x80070422 is a Windows Update service that is not running on the right settings. To verify if an issue with your Windows Update service is the source of the problem applies the following steps:
- Type “Windows Update” in the search bar near the Windows home button.
- Select “Windows Update settings” when this option appears. (You may also click the home button, then “Settings” followed by “Update and Security”.)
- Select “Advanced Options”
- (You will be given an option to choose how updates are installed.) Select Automatic.
- Save settings and restart the computer.
Once these settings are in place Windows will be able to download updates automatically. This enables your machine to run more smoothly. However, if after applying the steps above, Windows 10 error code 0x80070422 is not resolved, you may proceed to solution two (2).
Method 2: Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
IPv6 is the latest or most current version of Internet Protocol (IP). This provides your machine with an IP address, a crucial aspect of all communications related to the Internet. By disabling this IP some users have been able to successfully resolve Windows 10 error code 0x80070422.
Like many tasks involving Windows, there are more than one ways in which you can attempt to disable IPv6. These require different types of skills and must be approached with care, as mistakes can lead to serious issues with your machine. Methods include using Command Prompt, Registry Editor, or Control Panel.
If your experience with Windows 10 is quite limited and you are not certain of your skills choose the simplest approach as listed below.
- Select Control Panel.
- Choose “Network and Internet”, then “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Right-click your Internet Connection. The name of your connection will be listed underneath the heading – “View your basic network connection and set up connections”.
- Select “Properties” then uncheck Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Save settings by clicking OK.
- Restart the computer and check if the 0x80070422 error code has been corrected.
Method 3: Using An Automated Tool
If the issue persists despite following the solutions above, the best step to take is to use an automated tool. This may not be your preferred course of action, especially since it can be difficult to ascertain the safety of certain tools found online. For this reason, choose a reputable source offering automated tools which are designed to specifically fix Windows 10 error code including error code 0x80070422.
Download and install a powerful automated tool to access the best Windows 10 error code solutions. The process is simple and includes clear instructions which enable even average Windows users to completely resolve complicated errors on their machine.
How to Stop Future Error Codes from Occurring
Though it is hard to predict when an error code will occur, each Windows 10 user can take precautionary steps to prevent other errors from occurring. This includes the following:
- Ensure you download software from reputable sources to avoid viruses and other forms of malware.
- Clean your registry often. The registry stores settings across all applications. Regular cleaning will your machine function more efficiently as it reduces the likelihood of issues such as crashes or system errors.