How to Fix Jp2klib.dll Error Code
Jp2klib.dll Error – What is it?
Jp2klib.dll is a type of Dynamic Link Library. This file is developed by Adobe Systems Inc and associated with CS2 (Creative Suite 2 Premium).
Like all DLL files, this file also contains small programs that support programs developed by Adobe Systems on your PC. The function of Jp2klib.dll is to load and run programs. Jp2klib.dll error occurs when it fails to do so.
It occurs during program startup.
Jp2klib.dll error is displayed in several different formats depending on the cause of the error. Here are some common error messages that you may come across:
- “JP2KLib.dll not found.”
- “Cannot find C:\WindowsSystem32\JP2KLib.dll.”
- “Cannot start Creative Suite 2 Premium. A required component is missing: JP2KLib.dll. Please install Creative Suite 2 Premium again.”
- “Cannot register JP2KLib.dll.”
- “The file JP2KLib.dll is missing.”
- “This application failed to start because JP2KLib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- JP2KLib.dll Access Violation.”
There are several causes for the Jp2klib.dll error code pop-up. These include:
- Hardware failure
- Jp2klib.dll file not properly registered
- Viral infection
- Deleted, missing, or corrupted Jp2klib.dll file
- Registry problems
- Another program overwrote the Jp2klib.dll file
The good news is that this is not a fatal error code like the blue screen of death errors. However, it is still advisable to resolve it right away to avoid inconvenience. This error may limit your ability to access your desired program.
Further Information and Manual Repair
Follow these methods to resolve Jp2klib.dll error code on your PC in a few minutes without any professional assistance or technical know-how:
Method 1 – Re-register the Jp2klib.dll file
Sometimes Jp2klib.dll error may occur if the DLL file is not registered properly. In such a situation “JP2KLib.dll not registered” error message will pop on your computer screen.
To resolve, all you need to do is register this file. Follow these steps to register the Jp2klib.dll file on your PC:
- Go to the start menu, type the command in the search box. Don’t press enter yet.
- First, hold CTRL-SHIFT and then press it. This action will prompt a permission dialog box. Click yes to proceed.
- You will be asked to enter a command, here simply type regsvr32 /u JP2KLib.dll and then press enter.
- This will first unregister the previous Jp2klib.dll file. Now type regsvr32 /i JP2KLib.dll and press enter to re-register the same file.
- After this, close the command window and reboot your PC to activate changes.
Method 2 – Check the Recycle Bin and Restore the Jp2klib.dll file
If you come across this error message “JP2KLib.dll not found”, this indicates a missing Jp2klib.dll file.
This usually happens if you recently uninstalled a program on your system which was also supported by the Jp2klib.dll file due to which the file was also deleted. But don’t worry!
Check your recycle bin to retrieve the accidentally deleted file on your system. If you find it restore, but if you don’t then simply download it from a reliable DLL website.
Method 3 – Scan for Viruses
Install and run an antivirus to detect viruses. Viruses are malicious programs that damage and corrupt DLL files like the Jp2klib.dll file. Scan for all viruses on your PC and remove them to fix the problem.
Method 4 – Repair the Registry
If you don’t clean the registry often it becomes accumulated with obsolete files like bad and broken entries, cookies, and junk files.
These files corrupt the registry and damage system and DLL files also stored in the same location. It then leads to such error message pop-ups.
To resolve, download Restoro. This is an advanced PC Fixer deployed with a registry cleaner. It is easy to use and in just a few clicks can repair the Jp2klib.dll error on your PC. The registry cleaner scans and removes all obsolete files. It cleans the registry and repairs the damaged system and DLL files.
Click here to download Total System Care and fix the Jp2klib.dll error.