How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024A10A in Windows 10
The Windows Update service, just like other services in Windows 10 may sometimes experience some issues and stop behaving properly. One of the issues you might encounter as you use the Windows Update service is the Windows Update error 0x8024A10A. This kind of error code signifies that the Windows Update service is shutting down. So if you encounter this error, read on as this post will guide you on how you can fix it.
When you receive the Windows Update error 0x8024A10A, you may see this error message on your screen:
“USO_E_SERVICE_SHUTTING_DOWN indicates that the WU Service is shutting down. This may happen due to a very long period of time of inactivity, a system hang leading to the service being idle and leading to the shutdown of the service. Ensure that the system remains active and the connections remain established to complete the upgrade.”
You could try to restart your computer to resolve the problem since there are instances when a simple restart can fix errors. However, if it does not work, you might find the options provided below useful.
Option 1 – Try to restart the Windows Update Service
The first thing you can do to fix Windows Update error 0x8024A10A is to restart the Windows Update Service from the Services Manager. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Cortana search box, type “services” and click on the Services icon to open the Services Manager. Alternatively, you can also tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run prompt and then type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Services Manager.
- After opening the Services Manager, look for the Windows Update Service.
- Once you found it, right-click on it and check if the Service is stopped. If it is, then select the Start option. On the other hand, if the Windows Update Service is already started, just select the Restart option.
- After that, try to run the Windows Update again and see if the error 0x8024A10A is now fixed.
Option 2 – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Since the Windows Update troubleshooter reviews the status of the services that support the process, it would prompt and fix it if there is anything that’s not right. Thus, you might want to run a built-in Windows Update troubleshooter to resolve the Windows Update error. It is one of the things you can check out as it is known to automatically resolve any Windows Update errors like error 0x8024A10A. To run this troubleshooter, go to Settings and then select Troubleshoot from the options. From there, click on Windows Update and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button. After that, follow the next on-screen instructions and you should be good to go.
Option 3 – Run Microsoft’s online troubleshooter
Aside from the Windows Update troubleshooter, running Microsoft’s online troubleshooter might also help you fix the Windows Update Error 0x8024A10A. This online troubleshooter is known to help in fixing Windows Update errors, it scans your computer for issues that might be causing the problem and then fixes them automatically.
Option 4 – Try to run the Windows Update Service in a Clean Boot State
There are some instances that some conflicting programs installed in your computer might be the one that’s causing Windows Update error code 0x8024A10A. To identify which program is causing the problem, you need to put your computer in a Clean Boot State. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Log onto your PC as an administrator.
- Type in MSConfig in the Start Search to open the System Configuration utility.
- From there, go to the General tab and click “Selective startup”.
- Clear the “Load Startup items” check box and make sure that the “Load System Services” and “Use Original boot configuration” options are checked.
- Next, click the Services tab and select the “Hide All Microsoft Services” check box.
- Click Disable all.
- Click on Apply/OK and restart your PC. (This will put your PC into a Clean Boot State. And configure Windows to use the usual startup, just simply undo the changes.)
- Now try to run the Windows Update Service again and see if Windows Update error 0x8024A10A is now gone.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x8024A10A error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x8024A10A error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.