How to Fix PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 Error in Windows 10
If you suddenly encounter the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen error then it means that your computer is under a heavy load. And if you look closely, you’ll see that it has a bug check value of 0x00000050. This kind of Blue Screen error also indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced. It could be that the memory address is wrong, or that it is pointing at freed memory.
The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen error occurs when the requested data is not found in the memory. As a result, the system generates a fault which normally indicates that the system is looking for data in the paging file. However, in this case, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to the disk.
This Stop error might be caused by a buggy system service, antivirus program, a corrupted NTFS volume or a faulty hardware. So if you’ve recently added a hardware, you can try removing it and then check. If the problem still persists, refer to the suggestions given below to fix the problem.
Option 1 – Run Memory Check to test your memory
- Tap the Win + R keys to open Run and type exe and hit Enter to open the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, it will give two options such as:
- Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)
- Check for problems the next time I start my computer
- Select the option you prefer and afterwards, check if the Blue Screen error is now fixed.
Option 2 – Run a System File Checker scan
You can also try to run a System File Checker or SFC scan in order to scan your computer for corrupted files that might be the cause behind the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen error. Once it finds any corrupted system files, it will automatically fix them. To run System File Checker, here’s what you have to do:
- Tap Win + R to launch Run.
- Type in cmd in the field and tap Enter.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in sfc /scannow
The command will start a system scan which will take a few while before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
- Restart your computer after the scan is completed.
Option 3 – Disable Automatic Paging File Sixe Management
- Right click on This PC located on your desktop.
- Next, Click on Properties and then click on the Advanced System settings.
- Go to the Advanced tab and then click on the Settings button under the Performance section.
- Afterwards, a new mini window will appear and from there, go to the Advanced tab.
- Then click the Change button under the Virtual Memory section. Once you do, another mini window will appear.
- Now uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option.
- After that, you have to increase the Page File size by doubling the amount of memory allocated by default in the text field. For instance, that paging size given is a minimum of 16MB and so you have to change it to 32MB. And since the recommended value is 1907MB, yo can make it maximum size around 4000MB. By doing so, it will allocate more space for paging into individual drivers.
- Now click OK, close all the open windows and then restart your PC.
Option 4 – Update the Device Drivers
Updating the Device drivers can also help you fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen error. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. If you see a red or yellow sign that shows up against the driver, right-click on the driver and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and then follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your PC and then check if the Blue Screen error is now fixed or not.
Option 5 – Perform a System Restore
Performing System Restore might help you in fixing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. You can do this option either by booting into Safe Mode or in System Restore. If you are already in the Advanced Startup Options, just directly select System Restore and proceed with the next steps. And if you have just booted your PC into Safe Mode, refer to the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Option 6 – Try disabling your antivirus programs
There are instances when antivirus programs triggers Stop errors like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Thus, you can try disabling your antivirus programs like Windows Defender or other third party programs if you’re using one.
Option 7 – Use the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
The Blue Screen troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that helps users in fixing BSOD errors like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. It can be found in the Settings Troubleshooters page. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings panel.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- From there, look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options. Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.
Option 8 – Disable Memory caching in the BIOS
You can also disable memory caching in the BIOS to fix the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
- Open the BIOS Setup screen.
- Next, go to Advanced > Cache Memory and then disable it.
- Tap the F10 key to save the changes made and restart your computer.
Option 9 – Run Restoro
If none of the given options above didn’t help you in fixing PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, worry not, as there’s also another option that could help you. This option is Restoro, also known as a “one-click” solution. What makes this program better than other system utility tools or antivirus programs is that aside from helping you free up disk usage and memory in your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing including BSOD errors. This program is known as Restoro and is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance, including high CPU usage of some program in your system. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly.