Fixing “YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS WEB PAGE AS PER THE DOT COMPLIANCE” Error in Windows 10
If you have encountered the “YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS WEB PAGE AS PER THE DOT COMPLIANCE” error while trying to visit a website using either Firefox or Chrome browser, then read on as this post will guide you on how you can fix this error.
Apart from this error message, you might also see an alternative message that says, “Web Page Blocked! The page you have requested has been blocked, because the URL is banned as per the Government Rules”.
When you get any of the aforementioned error messages when visiting a website, this means that it has been marked. It is mostly recommended to not access the site as it might be blocked for some illegal reason. However, if you are certain that the website it legitimate and safe and you believe that it has been blocked by accident, then you can check out the given methods in this post to unblock and access the blocked or restricted website.
There isn’t actually a straightforward way to remove the restriction on the website or the DOT compliance. And it won’t matter what browser you use as you will still get the same error. Thus, the best way to go about this issue is for you to bypass the ISP restriction. But before you proceed, keep in mind that the ISPs (Internet Service Providers) can block any website when a request goes through their servers.
Option 1 – Try changing the DNS
If the request to access the website does not go through the ISP’s DNS server, you might have a chance in accessing it by changing your DNS settings. You can try using the Google Public DNS.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to pull up the Internet Properties.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and select the LAN settings.
- From there. Uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” option for your LAN and then make sure that the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked.
- Now click the OK and the Apply buttons.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If you are using a third party proxy service, you have to disable it.
Option 2 – Try to install a Proxy Extension
You could also try installing a Proxy extension or Proxy software as it could also help you access the website you are trying to open as it allows you to access the blocked websites by routing the request through their server. Aside from that, it can also hide it from ISPs to make them look like the content is coming from the proxy servers.
Option 3 – Try using a VPN connection
There are instances when the network that your computer is logged on might have blocked your access to the website you are trying to open and so to fix it, you can try to use a VPN connection. There are a lot of free VPN software out there but just make sure that you install a trusted one. Once you’ve connected using VPN, try to open the website again and see if you can now access it.
Option 4 – Check the Windows Host file
You can also try to cross check the Windows Hosts file to find out if the website you are trying to open has been blocked because if it is, then it’s no wonder why you’re getting the ERR CONNECTION TIMED OUT error in Chrome. There are instances when some third party application modifies the file and add some websites to the block lists. So if the website is indeed blocked, you need to remove it from the list.
Option 5 – Try to contact your ISP
If none of the options given above worked, then you can try to contact your ISP as there are times when DOT clears a website, the ISPs are still blocking it. Thus, it’s probably better if you reach out to them and ask them to unblock the website from their end.
Apart from not being able to open a website due to the “YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS WEB PAGE AS PER THE DOT COMPLIANCE” error, if you have other system-related issues that need some fixing on your Windows 10 PC, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you can try to fix them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Restoro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.