Fix Error Code 30088-26 in Windows 10
Error Code 30088-26 is shown when the user tries to install the MS Office suite to their PC. It is mostly due to several reasons including corrupted Office installation, the remnant of old office installation, or even Windows updates. We will cover all reasons along with provided solutions to each one.
Follow the guide below to address each scenario with the fix for it.
Corrupted Office installation
In order to fix this issue, you will need to repair the installation itself.
- Press ⊞ WINDOWS + R to open the run dialog
- Inside run dialog type in Control Panel
- In the control panel double click on Programs and features
- In the list of installed application find MS Office and click on it to select it
- On top, just above the application list click on the change
- Office dialog will be opened with multiple choices
- Click and select Online repair and then click on Repair
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and leave the process to be finished
Remnants of old office installation
Manually cleaning remnants of old office installation is not an easy task and it can be different from system to system depending on the previous Office version.
Luckily Microsoft has a dedicated office cleaning tool made for purpose of removing old tails and remnants of old office installations.
- Download tool here
- After the tool has been successfully downloaded, double-click on the .diagcab file to open it
- Click on Advanced and make sure that the box associated with Apply repair automatically is checked.
- Click the Next button to proceed
- Wait until the initial detection phase is complete, then click on Installing at the first prompt
- Select the program that you’re encountering issues with (most likely Microsoft Office) and click Next once again
- At the next screen, click on Yes, try to uninstall
- Wait until the operation is complete, then restart your computer and re-install the Microsoft Office suite
After digging and trying out various solutions for this issue we came to the conclusion that this error can occur if Windows is not fully updated, and by fully updated we mean fully, not just critical updates, but all available ones. Check-in your setting to see if there are some uninstalled or pending updates waiting to be installed and if that is the case install them all.
After completely updating your Operating system error should vanish and you should be able to install Microsoft office without issues.
Use dedicated-toll to fix error
If there is any chance that any provided solution has not provided you with satisfactory results or simply you do not want to tackle things manually you can always use a dedicated tool for Windows errors fixing. We recommend RESTORO, reason is quite simple, you only need to install it and click on it to start it, Restoro will then automatically scan your whole computer for errors, and then it will fix all found errors. Basically, it is a one-click solution for all of your errors.
Congratulations, you have just fixed Error Code 30088-26 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix Error Code 30088-26 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.