How To Fix Error 0xe0434f4d
What is Error 0xe0434f4d?
Error 0xe0434f4d displays when a remote computer runs an instance of the SQL Server 2005 but it fails to initialize. When the plan is started, this error displays in a status window on the SQL Server. Also, when the Update-OffilineAddressBook cmdlet is started in Microsoft Exchange Server, this error can occur.
Error 0xe0434f4d can occur for possibly two main reasons. The first one is when the System Attendant Service is not properly running, and the second when you don’t have the permission to run the update. Other causes are when the .NET Framework 2.0 security does not allow sqlplanlaunch access to run from a shared network. Another cause is when the Offline Address Book (OAB) is not found in the Configuration Domain Controller server that the server of OAB generation uses.
Further Information and Manual Repair
In case you didn’t know, the Offline Address Book generation server is a mailbox server, and in order to resolve error 0xe0434f4d, you will have to replicate the OAB object to the Configuration Domain Controller server. In order to do so, follow steps:
- Go to start and click on All Programs, then go and click on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. Click on Exchange Management Console
- In Exchange Management Console, go to Server Configuration and click on Mailbox
- In the details, go to mailbox server that generates Offline Address Book and right-click it, then go to Properties
- In the Properties, click on System Setting and locate the domain controller name in the box that reads Domain controller servers being used by Exchange
Make sure the OAB object is reproduced in the Configuration Domain Controller Server. Follow these steps to do that:
- Go to Start and click on Run. Type Adsiedit.msc in Open box and press Enter. Right-click on ADSI Edit and click on Connect to
- Locate a list reading Select a well-known naming context, and from there select Default naming context. In a Select or type a domain or server window, type FQDN (fully qualified domain name) of the Configuration Domain Controller server which was determined in step 1, and click OK
- Expand Configuration [dc.domain.com], expand CN=Configuration, DC=domain, DC=com, expand CN=Services, expand CN=First Organization, and expand CN=Address Lists Container
- Click on CN=Offline Address Lists and make sure the OAB object is listed on the details pane
When the OAB generation server receives this, then it will connect to the Configuration Domain Controller server and will locate the OAB object. If the OAB generation server is unable to find the OAB object, then the error will return on the cmdlet.
On SQL Server, you should change the .NET permissions to allow sqlplanlaunch application access to run from shared administration. For that, follow these steps:
- On ArchiveIQ Server, open System from the Control Panel and note down the computer name
- On SQL Server, log in as administrator and open the command prompt
- On the command prompt type, ‘C:windowsmicrosoft.netframeworkv2.0.50727caspol.ece –m –ag l – url file:\[Archive IQServer Computer Name]AlQRemote$*FullTrust and Press Enter. Type yes and press Enter again to confirm the permission changes.