What is MSASCui.exe?
MSASCui.exe is a digitally signed file from Microsoft located in the folder C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\.
It is a component of Microsoft Windows Defender Antispyware. This file is responsible for performing spyware scans. It is already installed in Windows Vista operating system. MSASCui.exe becomes an error code when it is found in another path. It is categorized as Windows runtime error.
Download Available to Remove all Viruses, Spyware and Malware
Recommended: Download the Spyware Removal Utility to remove this and other PC malware infections.
Certified safe, virus free download. Error Tools Editor’s Choice.
The cause of MSASCui.exe error is triggered by:
- Corrupt or damaged registry entries
- Virus Infection
The potential risks of MSASCui.exe error are:
- Slow PC performance
- Data loss
When this file becomes an error, it will display messages like:
“This application has failed to start to run on Windows because MSASCUI.exe cannot be found.”
“Windows Defender cannot work properly and protect the Windows system effectively”
The message will keep popping up on your computer screen time and again.
Further Information and Manual Repair
When you experience MSASCui.exe error on your PC, it is advisable to fix and repair it immediately before it causes serious damages to your system.
Here are some DIY quick solutions to repair MSASCui.exe error:
If the speed of your PC reduces significantly and you also see MSASCui.exe error message pop on your screen, then in this case it is advisable to uninstall the Windows Defender program from your PC.
To do so, follow these instructions:
- First, open the Windows Task Manager by pressing “Ctrl, “Alt” and “Delete” keys on the keyboard.
- Now click the ‘Processes’ tab. This will show the currently running processes on your system.
- Scroll down and click on “MSASCui.exe” and then end the process. This will stop the program from running on your PC.
- After this go to the start menu and double click on ‘My Computer’ and click on the C drive.
- Choose the option ‘Program Files’ and then click on ‘Windows Defender’ folder.
- Now to delete this folder, right click and select ‘delete’. This will uninstall the program, fix the MSASCui.exe error and also improve the performance of your PC.
If you find MSASCui.exe file located in some other path, then this is an indication of a virus.
In this case, it is recommended to run an antivirus program on your PC to scan and delete all viruses.
If you don’t have an antivirus program already installed on your system, then you should download it here. Once antivirus software is downloaded, simply run it to scan viruses and then click on delete to remove all the viruses on your system.
This will help you resolve the MSASCui.exe error caused by malware on your PC right away.